Bear Valley Mountain Announces New Terrain Park and Improvements for the 2008-2009 Season
- CDP Supply Chain Reporting Period Opens (04/04/2014)
- 2014 Climate Action Resources Announced (03/21/2014)
- Mosaic Labs Announces E-Book for Wal-Mart Sustainability Index (03/06/2014)
- 2014 Sustainability Trends (01/27/2014)
- Trends in Carbon Accounting Point to Carbon Offsets as a Natural Next Step (01/10/2014)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- GPP Announces Top 100 List (04/24/2014)
- Renewable Energy Storage Provides New Market Possibilities (04/17/2014)
- DOE Mapping Tool Illustrates Wind Farm Growth (04/10/2014)
- Renewable Choice CEO Quayle Hodek Featured Presenter for EPA Webinar (03/10/2014)
- Small Town Solar Systems Demonstrate Renewable Leadership (02/28/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
by Megan Brown on 12/26/2008
Bear Valley Mountain has spent a lot of time and money making improvements this season.
The resort listened to its visitors and have made a number of investments to keep improve the resort experience year after year.
Here are some of the changes that Bear Valley has made in 2008:
- A New Family Center
- Kids’ Snow Play Program
- $100,000 Terrain Park
- Snow Cat Access to Backcountry Terrain
- Improved Snow-Making Capacity
The improvements affect the skiing and riding experience for visitors of all ages. There are a wider selection of services and activities to keep everyone enjoying the beautiful resort and the outdoors. Additional enhancement include new backcountry snowcat tours and a remodeled attraction center for little ones to hang out who are not yet ready to hit the slopes.
There are lot of events and activities planned throughout the year at Bear Valley. Check out the upcoming events section on their website and find out about deals for their new terrain park and learn about events such as ‘First Tracks’, ‘Winter Explosion’ and more.
Bear Valley Mountain is not only improving its outdoor activities and practices, it is also taking responsibility for its environmental impact by offsetting its electricity for operations such as snowmaking and the Polar quad. So if you live in the area, go check out the latest enhancements at Bear Valley and know that they are making investments in the environment and their visitors. For directions or additional information on Bear Valley Mountain, go here.