@IdealBite - Bite: the Big Ones
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- Energy Storage & Recycling: The New Frontiers of Energy Efficiency (01/14/2015)
- A Reflection on Gratitude (11/25/2014)
- The Role of Community Wind (11/06/2014)
- EPA Green Power Partnership Announces Top Lists (11/05/2014)
- The Spooky Reality of Climate Change (10/31/2014)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
by Jen Biederman on 01/16/2009
Best of Ideal Bite - Green Living Tips
What were the biggest Bites of October-December?
Over the last 3 months, we've tipped topics from methane power to mineral makeup. Some made you feel like climbing the walls, and others made you feel like tearing them down. Here goes...
The Tip That Got Around: opting out of phone book delivery. You Biters read and forwarded this one more than any other. We don't blame you - those things are heavy, and with Internet listings for everything, who needs 'em? Runner-up: which produce you should buy organic.
The Link That Got the Most Love: KEEN recycled rice paper wallet. Besides the obvious phone book link, a place to stash your green that won't eat up all your green (read: it's inexpensive) was our most-clicked link. Runner-up: recycled glass tiles from Terra Green. Who knew countertops were so hot?
The Topic That Caused a Ruckus: eco-friendly bath towels. Yep, towels, of all things, created a stir - more than a few of you wish we'd talked about the chem-heavy process for turning bamboo into fabric, and what to do with old towels when you're done with 'em (here's a hint). Runner-up: methane energy - especially the idea of hooking up cows to, um, methane-capturing backpacks.