@Idealbite - Getting You Unconscious
- Celebrating Telluride Bluegrass Festival’s 40th Anniversary (06/14/2013)
- Renewable Choice Honored as a ‘Best for the Environment’ B Corp (05/29/2013)
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Colorado “Head of Class” for Electric Vehicle Policies (06/10/2013)
- AWEA 2013: Production Tax Credit, State RPS, and Direct Corporate PPA Interest Hot Topics (06/04/2013)
- Good News from Duke Energy (05/29/2013)
- The High Price of Natural Gas (05/24/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- The Relationship between Organic Food and Ecosystem Health (06/18/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 01/22/2009
Natural Sleep Aids - Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Are you getting very, very sleepy?
You will be if you follow this tip. Conventional anti-insomnia pills work, but if you don't wanna lose sleep over side effects and potentially addictive ingredients, induce sleep-nosis with natural remedies instead.
- A healthier sleep trance. Our picks are nonaddictive and don't have the serious side effects that prescription aids do (such as reduced sex drive, sleepwalking, and vomiting - awesome).
- Unconscious planet-helping. Fewer synthetic chems in your pills = fewer that will eventually find their way into nature.
- More cash for swinging pocket watches. Herbal options are cheaper than prescription sleep aids; a 30-day supply of prescription Lunesta can set you back $137 vs. less than $20 for natural valerian.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: Having suffered the torments of insomnia most of my life, I have tried every conventional and alternative method I could gather from anyone- I'm talking from medical Doctors to gurus to the Internet. I had practiced the art of meditation for many years; but it wasn't until I read a particular book that described a very simple way of clearing your mind and beginning meditation, that I finally learned how to control my mind and body enough to fall and stay asleep. Start by letting your thoughts and mind do what they will and lay still on your back or in the most comfortable position for you. Eventually your mind will tire of going over the same things too many times, and you will be ready to take control of it. Practice calm, even breathing- in and out for about 4 seconds each. Here comes the best part: visualization. Picture nothing but clear blue sky, or the wide blue ocean stretching out all around you in every direction, nothing but clear blue. Maintain your breathing and let yourself settle comfortably into the vast blue expanse- become one with it, merge every particle of your being with the blue sky or ocean all around you. You will find in the morning that you have simply fallen asleep and had quite a restful night, simply by letting your mind do what it will and then guiding yourself into a peaceful place where rest is possible. Hey, you might as well try it- nothing else has worked! I'd love to hear if and how this works for any of you, feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org Sweet Dreams!
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.