@IdealBite - Pandora's Chocolate Box: Guilty Pleasures Week
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- The High Price of Natural Gas (05/24/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 02/04/2009
Organic Chocolate - Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Who wishes you'd never opened this tip?
Your waistline. But with so many organic and fair-trade options, you can at least feel a little better about lifting the lid on that box o' bonbons.
- Taste you thought existed only in Greek myths. The run-of-the-mill stuff just doesn't hold up against our organic chocolate picks.
- Divine support for organic. Only about 3% of the U.S. food supply is grown organically, but as we vote with our dollars in favor of it, that number will climb.
- An out-of-the-box labor concept. Fair-trade wages help cocoa workers achieve self-sufficiency - fair treatment too.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: Personally, I have been addicted to chocolate as far back as I can even remember- dark, milk, white, anything made with those precious cocoa beans became my pure passion. Now, some may call me a chocolate snob- I credit my father with my epicurean taste for fine chocolate; my allergy to milk with my dependence on only dark chocolate; and the fact that I live across the street from my favorite client of ours, Whole Foods, with my indulgence in only the organic, fair-trade varieties. Snob or not, the truth is the fine, dark, organic chocolate is simply the best tasting- and that is all that really matters to us chocoholics! I'm off to have a piece of Chocolove 65% Dark Chocolate for breakfast- what, I told you I'm addicted!! ~Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.