@IdealBite - Psychedelicates
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
- Growth in Carbon Offset Market Supported by Voluntary Purchasers (07/24/2014)
- The Water-Energy Nexus (06/05/2014)
- B Lab Announces 1,000th B Corp Certification (05/16/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- Municipal Franchise Agreements Offer Local Energy Options (09/10/2014)
- The Story of a New Sector (09/03/2014)
- UBS Report Suggests Renewable Focus for U.S. (08/27/2014)
- The Master Limited Partnership Parity Act (08/20/2014)
- International Landscape Series Part III: India (08/13/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
by Jen Biederman on 03/06/2009
Forget Dry Cleaning - Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Think you gotta dry clean your cashmere?
You're trippin'. Try an eco delicate wash instead of dry cleaning to avoid use of the toxic chemical perc, which has pretty much the same effect on the environment as too much acid has on your brain.
- LSDegriming your clothes. We actually found these to work as well or better than dry cleaning (and actually, dry cleaning can wear out cashmere and wool).
- No perc-induced bad trips. Classified as a groundwater contaminant by the EPA, 70% of perc used in dry cleaning ends up in nature.
- More cash for blacklight posters. Even our most expensive picks end up being cheaper than dry cleaning.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: I hardly ever dry clean anything anymore. Most clothing and etc that claim to be 'dry clean only' can actually be washed as delicates or hand washables. There are also some DIY 'dry cleaning' kits available now which involve using non-toxic cleaning agents, your dryer, or air drying. ~ Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.