@IdealBite - Psychedelicates
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- How Tesla is Partnering with Jackson Family Wines to Disrupt the Energy Market (06/23/2015)
- President Obama Ups the Sustainability Ante with a New Executive Order (03/30/2015)
- How One Texas Town is Upsetting the Fossil Fuel Apple Cart (03/27/2015)
- Climate Leadership Conference Highlights Successes (03/16/2015)
- Falling Prices and Tax Incentives Driving Explosive Renewable Growth (02/23/2015)
- The Energy-Water Nexus: Renewables May be the Answer to Widespread Drought (06/29/2015)
- Earth Day 2015: Celebrating Renewables (04/21/2015)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
by Jen Biederman on 03/06/2009
Forget Dry Cleaning - Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Think you gotta dry clean your cashmere?
You're trippin'. Try an eco delicate wash instead of dry cleaning to avoid use of the toxic chemical perc, which has pretty much the same effect on the environment as too much acid has on your brain.
- LSDegriming your clothes. We actually found these to work as well or better than dry cleaning (and actually, dry cleaning can wear out cashmere and wool).
- No perc-induced bad trips. Classified as a groundwater contaminant by the EPA, 70% of perc used in dry cleaning ends up in nature.
- More cash for blacklight posters. Even our most expensive picks end up being cheaper than dry cleaning.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: I hardly ever dry clean anything anymore. Most clothing and etc that claim to be 'dry clean only' can actually be washed as delicates or hand washables. There are also some DIY 'dry cleaning' kits available now which involve using non-toxic cleaning agents, your dryer, or air drying. ~ Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.