@IdealBite - Psychedelicates
- Mosaic Labs Announces E-Book for Wal-Mart Sustainability Index (03/06/2014)
- 2014 Sustainability Trends (01/27/2014)
- Trends in Carbon Accounting Point to Carbon Offsets as a Natural Next Step (01/10/2014)
- Happy Holidays from Renewable Choice and Mosaic Labs! (12/09/2013)
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Renewable Choice CEO Quayle Hodek Featured Presenter for EPA Webinar (03/10/2014)
- Small Town Solar Systems Demonstrate Renewable Leadership (02/28/2014)
- Sustainability Measures in the 2014 Farm Bill (02/20/2014)
- How Did Energy Fare in the State of the Union? (02/11/2014)
- California Energy Storage Verdict (02/05/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 03/06/2009
Forget Dry Cleaning - Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Think you gotta dry clean your cashmere?
You're trippin'. Try an eco delicate wash instead of dry cleaning to avoid use of the toxic chemical perc, which has pretty much the same effect on the environment as too much acid has on your brain.
- LSDegriming your clothes. We actually found these to work as well or better than dry cleaning (and actually, dry cleaning can wear out cashmere and wool).
- No perc-induced bad trips. Classified as a groundwater contaminant by the EPA, 70% of perc used in dry cleaning ends up in nature.
- More cash for blacklight posters. Even our most expensive picks end up being cheaper than dry cleaning.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: I hardly ever dry clean anything anymore. Most clothing and etc that claim to be 'dry clean only' can actually be washed as delicates or hand washables. There are also some DIY 'dry cleaning' kits available now which involve using non-toxic cleaning agents, your dryer, or air drying. ~ Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.