It's the Bomb(illa) - From @IdealBite
- Happy Holidays from Renewable Choice and Mosaic Labs! (12/09/2013)
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
- New York State to Open Green Bank (10/31/2013)
- The Rising Current of Green Gyms Around the World (07/23/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Deadline Approaches (07/12/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Approaching the Renewable Energy Tipping Point (12/19/2013)
- Renewable Energy Finance Tactic Changes the Game (12/04/2013)
- We Are Thankful 2013 (11/18/2013)
- The Little Engines That Could: How Grassroots Stopped Oil & Gas Encroachment in Colorado (11/13/2013)
- Carbon-Neutral Energy Attainable Through Gasification System (11/06/2013)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
- The Connection between Climate and Waste (08/01/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 04/29/2009
Herbal Mate - Brought to you by Ideal Bite
It's the Bomb(illa)
Need a WMD? Weapon of mass deliciousness that is. Whether served with or without its traditional bombilla straw, mate (say it mah-tay) is a tasty, earthy, tea-like drink that peeps in South America have been sipping for ages. Try it instead of coffee for a dynamite blast of healthy energy.
- Explosive stimulation. Mate does contain caffeine, but has fewer negative effects than coffee - it actually has a relaxing effect on heart and muscle tissues. (Mate drinkers say they don't have trouble falling asleep.)
- Triggering weight loss. Like green tea, mate may help you lose weight, since it has zero calories and revs up your metabolism.
- A shock wave of antioxidants. Mate has almost twice the cell-renewing capacity of black and green teas.
- Fairer fire. The products we've chosen are fair trade, meaning workers earn a living wage. (BTW, World Fair Trade Day is coming up on May 9.)
- TNTotally Earth-friendly production. Organic cultivation leads to better long-term soil health.
Jen from Renewable Choice Says: I tried Mate when I was in Argentina 15 years ago. While it wasn't the BEST thing I've ever tasted, I did find it quite refreshing after a long, hot day on the pampas. The environmental organization Rock The Earth allows its members discounts on Guayaki Yerba Mate- check them both out. ~Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.