It's the Bomb(illa) - From @IdealBite
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 04/29/2009
Herbal Mate - Brought to you by Ideal Bite
It's the Bomb(illa)
Need a WMD? Weapon of mass deliciousness that is. Whether served with or without its traditional bombilla straw, mate (say it mah-tay) is a tasty, earthy, tea-like drink that peeps in South America have been sipping for ages. Try it instead of coffee for a dynamite blast of healthy energy.
- Explosive stimulation. Mate does contain caffeine, but has fewer negative effects than coffee - it actually has a relaxing effect on heart and muscle tissues. (Mate drinkers say they don't have trouble falling asleep.)
- Triggering weight loss. Like green tea, mate may help you lose weight, since it has zero calories and revs up your metabolism.
- A shock wave of antioxidants. Mate has almost twice the cell-renewing capacity of black and green teas.
- Fairer fire. The products we've chosen are fair trade, meaning workers earn a living wage. (BTW, World Fair Trade Day is coming up on May 9.)
- TNTotally Earth-friendly production. Organic cultivation leads to better long-term soil health.
Jen from Renewable Choice Says: I tried Mate when I was in Argentina 15 years ago. While it wasn't the BEST thing I've ever tasted, I did find it quite refreshing after a long, hot day on the pampas. The environmental organization Rock The Earth allows its members discounts on Guayaki Yerba Mate- check them both out. ~Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.