I'm Rubber, You're Gluten - From @Idealbite
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- WRI’s New Guidance on Scope 2 Emissions: What Does it Mean? (01/30/2015)
- Energy Storage & Recycling: The New Frontiers of Energy Efficiency (01/14/2015)
- A Reflection on Gratitude (11/25/2014)
- The Role of Community Wind (11/06/2014)
- EPA Green Power Partnership Announces Top Lists (11/05/2014)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
by Jen Biederman on 05/21/2009
Gluten-Free Desserts- Yum! Brought to you by Ideal Bite
I'm Rubber, You're Gluten
Sticking to wheat-free desserts? Bounce over to the natural foods store and pick up some delicious, organic, gluten-free desserts to rub in your allergy's face.
- Not mocking the taste. To the more than 2 million Americans who have wheat allergies: you don't have to settle for less deliciousness.
- Not bullying your health. Our celiac-friendly (celiac disease = you can't tolerate wheat) picks contain fewer additives and preservatives than your average baked goodies.
- Telling off CO2. Researchers found that sustainably farmed soil absorbs up to 28% more climate-change-causing CO2 than conventionally farmed soil.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: Although I do not have celiac disease, I do have a gluten intolerance. I tried the gluten-free diet for about a year, and I have to honestly say, I have never felt better in my life. I lost about 20lbs. simply from cutting the gluten, I had more energy, and actually enjoyed eating other food more. Currently, I only eat gluten-y foods on rare occasions, like when my friend Tara made some delicious home-made bread- couldn't resist! Also, some of my favorite cookies ever are the Uncle Eddie's Gluten Free variety- YUM! Tonight is breakfast for dinner, and I will be enjoying my gluten-free, dairy-free pancakes...drooling just thinking about it... ~Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.