A Fin-ning Hand - From @Idealbite
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- President Obama Ups the Sustainability Ante with a New Executive Order (03/30/2015)
- How One Texas Town is Upsetting the Fossil Fuel Apple Cart (03/27/2015)
- Climate Leadership Conference Highlights Successes (03/16/2015)
- Falling Prices and Tax Incentives Driving Explosive Renewable Growth (02/23/2015)
- The Unstoppable Force of Renewables (02/13/2015)
- Earth Day 2015: Celebrating Renewables (04/21/2015)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
by Jen Biederman on 06/02/2009
Fishing Gear - Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
A Fin-ning Hand
Do you have any pairs of...eco-friendly lures? Go fish...with eco fishing equipment made with safe materials instead of stuff like lead. Next week is National Fishing Week - plus, with Father's Day coming up, you might find a gift for Dad. Well played.
- The planet wins. Opt for eco-friendlier poles and line made from bamboo, steel, and plant-based polymers (instead of petroleum-based synthetic graphite, poisonous lead, and nonbiodegradable plastic).
- A catch is in the cards. This gear works as hard as many of the conventional options.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: Last 4th of July I went fishing on a small lake in Minnesota, we used local live bait, gear that had been in the family for years, and if we had actually caught anything we would have practiced catch and release. I love fishing, it is relaxing and balancing. I'm not too crazy about the idea of possibly hurting the fish, but in my experience they seem just fine if you catch and release correctly. Gone Fishin' ~Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.