A Fin-ning Hand - From @Idealbite
- CDP Supply Chain Reporting Period Opens (04/04/2014)
- 2014 Climate Action Resources Announced (03/21/2014)
- Mosaic Labs Announces E-Book for Wal-Mart Sustainability Index (03/06/2014)
- 2014 Sustainability Trends (01/27/2014)
- Trends in Carbon Accounting Point to Carbon Offsets as a Natural Next Step (01/10/2014)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- DOE Mapping Tool Illustrates Wind Farm Growth (04/10/2014)
- Renewable Choice CEO Quayle Hodek Featured Presenter for EPA Webinar (03/10/2014)
- Small Town Solar Systems Demonstrate Renewable Leadership (02/28/2014)
- Sustainability Measures in the 2014 Farm Bill (02/20/2014)
- How Did Energy Fare in the State of the Union? (02/11/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 06/02/2009
Fishing Gear - Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
A Fin-ning Hand
Do you have any pairs of...eco-friendly lures? Go fish...with eco fishing equipment made with safe materials instead of stuff like lead. Next week is National Fishing Week - plus, with Father's Day coming up, you might find a gift for Dad. Well played.
- The planet wins. Opt for eco-friendlier poles and line made from bamboo, steel, and plant-based polymers (instead of petroleum-based synthetic graphite, poisonous lead, and nonbiodegradable plastic).
- A catch is in the cards. This gear works as hard as many of the conventional options.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: Last 4th of July I went fishing on a small lake in Minnesota, we used local live bait, gear that had been in the family for years, and if we had actually caught anything we would have practiced catch and release. I love fishing, it is relaxing and balancing. I'm not too crazy about the idea of possibly hurting the fish, but in my experience they seem just fine if you catch and release correctly. Gone Fishin' ~Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.