The Blueprint - From @Idealbite
- Mosaic Labs Announces E-Book for Wal-Mart Sustainability Index (03/06/2014)
- 2014 Sustainability Trends (01/27/2014)
- Trends in Carbon Accounting Point to Carbon Offsets as a Natural Next Step (01/10/2014)
- Happy Holidays from Renewable Choice and Mosaic Labs! (12/09/2013)
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Small Town Solar Systems Demonstrate Renewable Leadership (02/28/2014)
- Sustainability Measures in the 2014 Farm Bill (02/20/2014)
- How Did Energy Fare in the State of the Union? (02/11/2014)
- California Energy Storage Verdict (02/05/2014)
- European Commission Announces Climate Change Package (01/30/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 06/03/2009
WHIP IT UP: Strawberry and Chicken or Tofu Salad Recipe
Drafting the menu for a spring soiree? You don't have to be Frank Lloyd Wright to enjoy this Strawberry and Grilled Chicken or Tofu Salad. From our pal and in-season recipe master, Executive Chef Scott Garrett - at LA hotel Avalon's Blue on Blue restaurant - it's designed for a healthier plate and planet.
- Remodeling your food's energy use. A typical piece of produce travels 1,500 miles from farm to plate; local strawberries and lettuce - now growing almost everywhere in the United States (try your local farmers market) - require way less gas to get to you.
- More cash for architecture school. Cooking at home saves bucks, so you can maybe splurge on some local wine to go with your meal.
- A fresh layout. Local food almost always means fresher food.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: I'm a huge fan of salads, eat them every day (sometimes twice a day), just can't get enough. I love using fresh ingredients available at Whole Foods (offsets all of their electricity use through Renewable Choice), Sunflower Market or the local Farmers Market. I recommend fresh salads for one and all, they are so good for you in so many different ways- to save cash, try making your own balsamic vinaigrette dressing (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, maybe some spices). Bon Appetit! ~Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.