The Blueprint - From @Idealbite
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
- Growth in Carbon Offset Market Supported by Voluntary Purchasers (07/24/2014)
- The Water-Energy Nexus (06/05/2014)
- B Lab Announces 1,000th B Corp Certification (05/16/2014)
- CDP Supply Chain Reporting Period Opens (04/04/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- Municipal Franchise Agreements Offer Local Energy Options (09/10/2014)
- The Story of a New Sector (09/03/2014)
- UBS Report Suggests Renewable Focus for U.S. (08/27/2014)
- The Master Limited Partnership Parity Act (08/20/2014)
- International Landscape Series Part III: India (08/13/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 06/03/2009
WHIP IT UP: Strawberry and Chicken or Tofu Salad Recipe
Drafting the menu for a spring soiree? You don't have to be Frank Lloyd Wright to enjoy this Strawberry and Grilled Chicken or Tofu Salad. From our pal and in-season recipe master, Executive Chef Scott Garrett - at LA hotel Avalon's Blue on Blue restaurant - it's designed for a healthier plate and planet.
- Remodeling your food's energy use. A typical piece of produce travels 1,500 miles from farm to plate; local strawberries and lettuce - now growing almost everywhere in the United States (try your local farmers market) - require way less gas to get to you.
- More cash for architecture school. Cooking at home saves bucks, so you can maybe splurge on some local wine to go with your meal.
- A fresh layout. Local food almost always means fresher food.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: I'm a huge fan of salads, eat them every day (sometimes twice a day), just can't get enough. I love using fresh ingredients available at Whole Foods (offsets all of their electricity use through Renewable Choice), Sunflower Market or the local Farmers Market. I recommend fresh salads for one and all, they are so good for you in so many different ways- to save cash, try making your own balsamic vinaigrette dressing (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, maybe some spices). Bon Appetit! ~Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.