Ideal Bite: Counter(top) Argument
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- WRI’s New Guidance on Scope 2 Emissions: What Does it Mean? (01/30/2015)
- Energy Storage & Recycling: The New Frontiers of Energy Efficiency (01/14/2015)
- A Reflection on Gratitude (11/25/2014)
- The Role of Community Wind (11/06/2014)
- EPA Green Power Partnership Announces Top Lists (11/05/2014)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
mms high quality nutritional supplements shangri la botanical gardens the weather channel cast iron cookware food scraps energy usage washing office supplies natural pharmacy vegetarian electricity consumption baby led lights carbon reduction green events co2 calculator weight loss jatropha seventh generation 2009 irving tx renewable energy cape wind green rubber in malaysia thanksgiving cleantech rpi awards lip balm tastykake syngas nfl telluride bluegrass festival ingleside communities franchise growth home vc eco-luxury vodka gift baskets environment carbon dioxide
by Jen Biederman on 11/14/2008
Counter(top) Argument- Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Try rebutting this: Green countertops look great, have no known health risks (unlike granite's radiation), and incorporate eco-materials that are way better for the planet than your average topper. Pro.
• Exhibiting good aesthetic judgment. Recycled tile countertops come in every color of the rainbow, and paper-based varieties (yep - recycled paper) are available in many solid and mottled colors.
• Making your eco-counter point. Example: Every time we recycle a glass bottle (for recycled glass tiles, for example), we save enough energy to light a 100-watt light bulb for 4 hours.
• Winning LEED accreditation. These countertops contribute to a new home's LEED points, upping its value.
Want a bigger bite?