Ideal Bite: Counter(top) Argument
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- How Tesla is Partnering with Jackson Family Wines to Disrupt the Energy Market (06/23/2015)
- President Obama Ups the Sustainability Ante with a New Executive Order (03/30/2015)
- How One Texas Town is Upsetting the Fossil Fuel Apple Cart (03/27/2015)
- Climate Leadership Conference Highlights Successes (03/16/2015)
- Falling Prices and Tax Incentives Driving Explosive Renewable Growth (02/23/2015)
- The Energy-Water Nexus: Renewables May be the Answer to Widespread Drought (06/29/2015)
- Earth Day 2015: Celebrating Renewables (04/21/2015)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
maglev millercoors wind turbine clean energy by 2030 clothing vehicles wind powered hair donation al gore awards sustainable building green festival artists favorites skincare renewable energy investment leed gold igoogle powermeter hydrogen carbon dioxide events king farm green power credit re-useable eco-luxury vodka bear valley mountain resort rpi awards barack obama mandatory renewables plus-size fashion loews wind power benefits integrative pharmacy january maldives parents wind power projections watches wood finishes
by Jen Biederman on 11/14/2008
Counter(top) Argument- Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Try rebutting this: Green countertops look great, have no known health risks (unlike granite's radiation), and incorporate eco-materials that are way better for the planet than your average topper. Pro.
• Exhibiting good aesthetic judgment. Recycled tile countertops come in every color of the rainbow, and paper-based varieties (yep - recycled paper) are available in many solid and mottled colors.
• Making your eco-counter point. Example: Every time we recycle a glass bottle (for recycled glass tiles, for example), we save enough energy to light a 100-watt light bulb for 4 hours.
• Winning LEED accreditation. These countertops contribute to a new home's LEED points, upping its value.
Want a bigger bite?