Ideal Bite: Counter(top) Argument
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
- Growth in Carbon Offset Market Supported by Voluntary Purchasers (07/24/2014)
- The Water-Energy Nexus (06/05/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- The Importance of Renewing the Production Tax Credit (10/07/2014)
- Hydrogen Innovations in the Clean Energy Industry (10/03/2014)
- Municipal Franchise Agreements Offer Local Energy Options (09/10/2014)
- The Story of a New Sector (09/03/2014)
- UBS Report Suggests Renewable Focus for U.S. (08/27/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
green power purchaser dell seventh generation thanksgiving crude prices afforestation students sludge lundberg’s green commitments awea offshore sustainably resourced bags event plus-size fashion forbes article makeearthdayeveryday carbon disclosure project cap-and-trade granite renewable choice news adopt a farmer economic returns kinetic death digital notes body products obama xanterra trash ski furniture recycling program teeth december october green outdoor products september thermal green alleys good sheet repairing old clothes
by Jen Biederman on 11/14/2008
Counter(top) Argument- Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Try rebutting this: Green countertops look great, have no known health risks (unlike granite's radiation), and incorporate eco-materials that are way better for the planet than your average topper. Pro.
• Exhibiting good aesthetic judgment. Recycled tile countertops come in every color of the rainbow, and paper-based varieties (yep - recycled paper) are available in many solid and mottled colors.
• Making your eco-counter point. Example: Every time we recycle a glass bottle (for recycled glass tiles, for example), we save enough energy to light a 100-watt light bulb for 4 hours.
• Winning LEED accreditation. These countertops contribute to a new home's LEED points, upping its value.
Want a bigger bite?