Ideal Bite: Counter(top) Argument
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- How One Texas Town is Upsetting the Fossil Fuel Apple Cart (03/25/2015)
- Climate Leadership Conference Highlights Successes (03/16/2015)
- Falling Prices and Tax Incentives Driving Explosive Renewable Growth (02/23/2015)
- The Unstoppable Force of Renewables (02/13/2015)
- WRI’s New Guidance on Scope 2 Emissions: What Does it Mean? (01/30/2015)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
tax refund pangea organics corporate responsibiilty mother earth news hemp foods green energy economy red herring gardening fishing furniture recycling program tips recycle kinetic unsustainable featured customer renewable energy projects ogden corporate responsibility early childhood development transportation heat pumps copenhagen comcast center callaway gardens industry trends eco domestic veggie oil where in the world is quayle hodek siemens protective packaging manufacturer students tissues green circle green hotel in ga environment initiatives current energy poverty movies economic returns mosaic labs
by Jen Biederman on 11/14/2008
Counter(top) Argument- Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Try rebutting this: Green countertops look great, have no known health risks (unlike granite's radiation), and incorporate eco-materials that are way better for the planet than your average topper. Pro.
• Exhibiting good aesthetic judgment. Recycled tile countertops come in every color of the rainbow, and paper-based varieties (yep - recycled paper) are available in many solid and mottled colors.
• Making your eco-counter point. Example: Every time we recycle a glass bottle (for recycled glass tiles, for example), we save enough energy to light a 100-watt light bulb for 4 hours.
• Winning LEED accreditation. These countertops contribute to a new home's LEED points, upping its value.
Want a bigger bite?