Shop in the Buff - Green Tuesday - Exclusive Deals
- Celebrating Telluride Bluegrass Festival’s 40th Anniversary (06/14/2013)
- Renewable Choice Honored as a ‘Best for the Environment’ B Corp (05/29/2013)
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Colorado “Head of Class” for Electric Vehicle Policies (06/10/2013)
- AWEA 2013: Production Tax Credit, State RPS, and Direct Corporate PPA Interest Hot Topics (06/04/2013)
- Good News from Duke Energy (05/29/2013)
- The High Price of Natural Gas (05/24/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- The Relationship between Organic Food and Ecosystem Health (06/18/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 12/02/2008
Green Tuesday Holiday Shopping Discounts Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Ever shopped in your birthday suit?
We have, and so can you. This year, look for gifts online to save major retail store shopping-related energy (and major cash, thanks to our today-only exclusive online deals). Just keep a scarf handy in case it gets drafty.
• Au naturel energy savings. Despite their size, running an ecommerce warehouse takes 1/16th of the energy you'd need to operate a retail store. And even overnight air shipping uses 40% less fuel than the average car trip to shop.
• Buck naked discounts. For our third annual Green Tuesday, we got some of our favorite online merchants to offer Biter-exclusive discounts (today only) as a green alternative to Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
• Clothes-less convenience. Online, there's no waiting in line, and you can shop 24 hours a day. Plus you can send gifts straight to the giftee, bypassing double shipping.
• Raw variety. You'll find everything from clothing-optional vacation packages to paraben-free sunblock on the Internet.