Winner Takes All - Ideal Bite's B.I.G. Awards
- Celebrating Telluride Bluegrass Festival’s 40th Anniversary (06/14/2013)
- Renewable Choice Honored as a ‘Best for the Environment’ B Corp (05/29/2013)
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Colorado “Head of Class” for Electric Vehicle Policies (06/10/2013)
- AWEA 2013: Production Tax Credit, State RPS, and Direct Corporate PPA Interest Hot Topics (06/04/2013)
- Good News from Duke Energy (05/29/2013)
- The High Price of Natural Gas (05/24/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- The Relationship between Organic Food and Ecosystem Health (06/18/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 12/08/2008
This Year's Big In Green Award Winners - Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Who are we betting on?
All of the winners of our first annual Big in Green (B.I.G.) Awards, which recognize the companies, products, and services that took a smart gamble and are leading the way in the green space. And now for those we're most Keno on...
- Everyday/Living: Smart Car. Compact, futuristic looking cars from the folks at Mercedes - they get more than 40 mpg and make city parking easy (two of 'em will fit in one average parking spot). Why it matters: If 10,000 Biters drive a Smart instead of a conventional car for a year, we'll save about $13 million on gas.
- Food: Blue Ocean Institute FishPhone sustainable fish info service. Send a phone text to 30644 with the message FISH in all caps, followed by the type of fish you want to know about, and it'll fire back sustainability and health info on that species for free. Why it matters: Makes choosing the eco-friendliest fish options at the store or restaurant easier than ever, and if enough of us do it, we'll go a long way toward making sure seafood's around for future generations.