- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
- Growth in Carbon Offset Market Supported by Voluntary Purchasers (07/24/2014)
- The Water-Energy Nexus (06/05/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- The Importance of Renewing the Production Tax Credit (10/07/2014)
- Hydrogen Innovations in the Clean Energy Industry (10/03/2014)
- Municipal Franchise Agreements Offer Local Energy Options (09/10/2014)
- The Story of a New Sector (09/03/2014)
- UBS Report Suggests Renewable Focus for U.S. (08/27/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
by Jen Biederman on 12/18/2008
Dishwasher Water Savings - Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Wanna help avoid those painfully high water bills?
You'll bruise less if you use less - so skip prerinsing your dishes before you put 'em in the dishwasher...just scrape off any food into your compost bin or trash.
• Cleaner than if you'd swabbed 'em with iodine. If you have a dishwasher made in the past decade, it's designed to handle food residue.
• Saving water supplies. Most faucets spout out 2 gallons per minute.
• Less work than putting a bandage on a boo-boo. Why wash your dishes before you, er, wash your dishes?