Basic Train-ing - Ski Week
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
- New York State to Open Green Bank (10/31/2013)
- The Rising Current of Green Gyms Around the World (07/23/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Deadline Approaches (07/12/2013)
- What is a CO2 Calculator? (07/11/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- We Are Thankful 2013 (11/18/2013)
- The Little Engines That Could: How Grassroots Stopped Oil & Gas Encroachment in Colorado (11/13/2013)
- Carbon-Neutral Energy Attainable Through Gasification System (11/06/2013)
- EPA Expands Green Power Partnership Program (10/17/2013)
- Exciting News! Please Welcome Mosaic Labs (10/08/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
- The Connection between Climate and Waste (08/01/2013)
- Economics of Sustainability White Paper Delivers (07/25/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 12/20/2008
Ride the Ski Train to the Slopes, Instead of Sitting in Traffic on I-70!
We don't know but we've been told, the Winter Park drive gets mighty old. So quit the I-70 drill and board the Ski Train. It leaves downtown every weekend am (and, starting February, Thursdays and Fridays...for those "sick days"), and drops you off near the Gemini Express lift. It'll take 45 minutes extra, but you'll get a deal on lift tickets ($10-$20 off), and cut way back on carbon emissions (not to mention road rage). Four-packs of coach tix are cheap right now, but if you can swing it, go for the club car - plushier seats, continental breakfast, après ski snacks, and no jelly-legged walk all the way to the cash bar next car down. Sound off.
Small Changes Add Up
If 10,000 Denver Biters take the train instead of driving to Winter Park just once this winter, it'll have the CO2-reducing effect of offsetting 788 round-trip flights from Denver to Winter Park, FL.
The Moffat Tunnel - which the Ski Train passes through - is the highest railroad tunnel in the United States at 9,200 feet.
This tip brought to you by Ideal Bite.