April Sleuth Challenge Winners
- CDP Supply Chain Reporting Period Opens (04/04/2014)
- 2014 Climate Action Resources Announced (03/21/2014)
- Mosaic Labs Announces E-Book for Wal-Mart Sustainability Index (03/06/2014)
- 2014 Sustainability Trends (01/27/2014)
- Trends in Carbon Accounting Point to Carbon Offsets as a Natural Next Step (01/10/2014)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- GPP Announces Top 100 List (04/24/2014)
- Renewable Energy Storage Provides New Market Possibilities (04/17/2014)
- DOE Mapping Tool Illustrates Wind Farm Growth (04/10/2014)
- Renewable Choice CEO Quayle Hodek Featured Presenter for EPA Webinar (03/10/2014)
- Small Town Solar Systems Demonstrate Renewable Leadership (02/28/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
poverty first green hd studio kennedy associates 2009 predictions tips weight loss solid waste leed-eb federal government sustainability initiatives performance bicycle websites flexible packaging kinetic green energy european wind lifestyle federal goverment sustaianbility initiatives product certification sustainably resourced bags backcountry snowshoes vending machines carbon offsets business solutions seventh generation reuse valley forge fabrics cleaning 2009 millercoors water conservation train coal body products new year ruins la grande dame kettle foods electric vehicles federal land bbq march recycled paper
by Jen Biederman on 05/28/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our April Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Starting to feel the stifling weight of those long winter months sans outdoor exercise? Why not do something good for yourself and the planet- Make Earth Day Every Day and start riding your bike to work. According to this Ideal Bite tip, how many calories per hour are burned by even just casual biking?
The Prize: Does your bike have a missing part, need a spring tune up, or do you simply not have a bike and would like one? Take care of any of these issues with one of five gift cards to Performance Bicycle (retail value $20). Many thanks to Performance Bicycle for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: Casual biking burns about 173 calories per hour.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!