April Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- How Tesla is Partnering with Jackson Family Wines to Disrupt the Energy Market (06/23/2015)
- President Obama Ups the Sustainability Ante with a New Executive Order (03/30/2015)
- How One Texas Town is Upsetting the Fossil Fuel Apple Cart (03/27/2015)
- Climate Leadership Conference Highlights Successes (03/16/2015)
- Falling Prices and Tax Incentives Driving Explosive Renewable Growth (02/23/2015)
- The Energy-Water Nexus: Renewables May be the Answer to Widespread Drought (06/29/2015)
- Earth Day 2015: Celebrating Renewables (04/21/2015)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
quayle hodek environmental impact fair-trade greenhouse gas ruins leed silver nantucket sound sun pets waste-free repower america on-site turbines libraries winter greening america domestic veggie oil why wind new orleans sludge new year leed hotels grass-fed meat ogden corporate responsibility cellulose federal goverment sustaianbility initiatives cds mountain resort in ca millercoors carbon disclosure project grossman marketing fresh products smart grid carbon footprint gretchen dudon green investments green rubber in malaysia eu wind utne leed v3 christmas tree
by Jen Biederman on 05/28/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our April Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Starting to feel the stifling weight of those long winter months sans outdoor exercise? Why not do something good for yourself and the planet- Make Earth Day Every Day and start riding your bike to work. According to this Ideal Bite tip, how many calories per hour are burned by even just casual biking?
The Prize: Does your bike have a missing part, need a spring tune up, or do you simply not have a bike and would like one? Take care of any of these issues with one of five gift cards to Performance Bicycle (retail value $20). Many thanks to Performance Bicycle for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: Casual biking burns about 173 calories per hour.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!