April Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- WRI’s New Guidance on Scope 2 Emissions: What Does it Mean? (01/30/2015)
- Energy Storage & Recycling: The New Frontiers of Energy Efficiency (01/14/2015)
- A Reflection on Gratitude (11/25/2014)
- The Role of Community Wind (11/06/2014)
- EPA Green Power Partnership Announces Top Lists (11/05/2014)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
investing local quayle hodek protective packaging manufacturer justin kushik prints june business solutions nfl's green commitments bicycle leed silver retirement communities cooking oils good sheet parents ogden publications poverty lawn care solid waste cooking renewable energy investment outdoor lighting recycling ecogeek green products wind powered obama greening america prizes new orleans jay leno texting green alleys fair-trade jellyfish turbine 3form green building certification wind power capacity shopping local programs
by Jen Biederman on 05/28/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our April Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Starting to feel the stifling weight of those long winter months sans outdoor exercise? Why not do something good for yourself and the planet- Make Earth Day Every Day and start riding your bike to work. According to this Ideal Bite tip, how many calories per hour are burned by even just casual biking?
The Prize: Does your bike have a missing part, need a spring tune up, or do you simply not have a bike and would like one? Take care of any of these issues with one of five gift cards to Performance Bicycle (retail value $20). Many thanks to Performance Bicycle for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: Casual biking burns about 173 calories per hour.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!