BTM Forecasts 340 GW of Wind Energy by 2013
- Celebrating Telluride Bluegrass Festival’s 40th Anniversary (06/14/2013)
- Renewable Choice Honored as a ‘Best for the Environment’ B Corp (05/29/2013)
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Colorado “Head of Class” for Electric Vehicle Policies (06/10/2013)
- AWEA 2013: Production Tax Credit, State RPS, and Direct Corporate PPA Interest Hot Topics (06/04/2013)
- Good News from Duke Energy (05/29/2013)
- The High Price of Natural Gas (05/24/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- The Relationship between Organic Food and Ecosystem Health (06/18/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
environment initiatives recycled material organic pets founding member federal government sustainability initiatives environmental commitments renewable choice news environment washing hands regulation ceiling fans greenhouse gas reduction commitment culver’s restaurant franchises federal government sustainability economic returns bbq free-range the weather channel compostable products choice bundles cities 10 to the 100th carbon accounting low voc mountains ruins wheat timberland wind power benefits meat methane reduction mrm recycling green building certification wind power corporate responsibiilty marine power pv tissues health industry renewable energy
by Holly Hallowell on 03/27/2009
BTM Consult projects 200 GW of new wind power capacity by the end of 2013.
Despite the economic crisis which will have an impact on future growth, the next few years look very positive for the wind power industry. Significant growth is expected through 2013 with 200 gigawatts (GW) of new wind power projected to come on line before the end of that year, bringing the cumulative capacity by the end of 2013 to around 343 GW.
BTM’s report also ranks the top ten wind turbine suppliers in the world. Included in this group are two Chinese manufacturers, Sinovel and Goldwind. Vestas and GE Energy remain market leaders with the majority of the world supply.
Read the article at RenewableEnergyWorld.com here. And for the detailed World Market update of International Wind Energy Development for the end of 2008 and a forecast for 2009 – 2013, visit the BTM Consult website here.
Although these numbers are impressive and positive, the reality is that only 1.3% of the current global electricity system is made up of clean wind power. We have a long way to go to really transform our power grid, and in the voluntary market, every kWh matters as we strive to free ourselves from our outdated and damaging energy infrastructure. ~Holly
Holly Stewart is Creative Director for Renewable Choice Energy.