February Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- 2013 GreenBiz.com Forum New York (03/08/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
legislation adopt a farmer bmw green meetings business solutions new orleans gift baskets free stuff green events tom drzewiecki washington nationals tree-house governmental sustainability initiatives may hemp foods agave fashion dell community zero waste governmental sustainabilty initiatives meat april 1st pangea organics sustainable colorado festival energy savings development students uhv re-using wind turbine environmental claims fresh products vertical farm sludge cambean hotels eco-building colorado restaurant green plans franchise school redmond washington store opening
by Jen Biederman on 03/19/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our February Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Still drinking water out of plastic bottles? Even if you are staying hydrated with home-filtered water in a reusable bottle, switching from plastic to a more inert material (like stainless steel) is an inexpensive, healthier option. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, Americans use 4 million plastic bottles every hour; out of every 4, how many of these are actually recycled?
The Prize: Need a new water bottle, some hiking boots, perhaps a tent? Grab some of your favorite camping, fishing, boating or hunting accessories or apparel with a gift card to Gander Mountain (retail value $20). Many thanks to Gander Mountain for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: Only one out of every four plastic bottles used by American are actually recycled, the rest end up in landfills, on roadsides and in waterways.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!