November Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
- New York State to Open Green Bank (10/31/2013)
- The Rising Current of Green Gyms Around the World (07/23/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Deadline Approaches (07/12/2013)
- What is a CO2 Calculator? (07/11/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Renewable Energy Finance Tactic Changes the Game (12/04/2013)
- We Are Thankful 2013 (11/18/2013)
- The Little Engines That Could: How Grassroots Stopped Oil & Gas Encroachment in Colorado (11/13/2013)
- Carbon-Neutral Energy Attainable Through Gasification System (11/06/2013)
- EPA Expands Green Power Partnership Program (10/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
- The Connection between Climate and Waste (08/01/2013)
- Economics of Sustainability White Paper Delivers (07/25/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 12/16/2008
Congratulations to the Winners of our November Sleuth Challenge!
The Winners: Congratulations to the November Impact Sleuth Challenge winners who will be pampering themselves (or a friend) with a gift card for eco-friendly products courtesy of Natural Body Spa & Shoppe: Steven Kellman of San Antonio, TX; Georgeanne Mallett of St. Simons, GA; Michelle Andria of Phoenix, AZ; Jacob Hassevoort of West Olive, MI, and Nikole Wilson-Ripsom of Oakland, CA. Congrats and Enjoy!
This Month's Challenge: Do eco-friendly body products really make a difference? Absolutely, especially considering many moisturizers contain oil-derived ingredients such as petroleum jelly. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of more than 10,000 ingredients used in beauty products have actually been tested by the FDA?
The Prize: Instead of loading your system with nasty chemicals, pamper yourself with eco-friendly products of your choice courtesy of Natural Body Spa and Shoppe. (Gift Card Value $25). Natural Body's premise has always been, "if you don't take care of your body, where are you going to live?" More than just a tag line, this is a motto everyone can live by each day. Thanks to Natural Body for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: The FDA has tested only 11% of the more than 10,000 ingredients used in beauty products for safety.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!