October Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- 2013 GreenBiz.com Forum New York (03/08/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 11/20/2008
Congratulations to the Winners of our October Sleuth Challenge!
The Winners: Congratulations to the October Impact Sleuth Challenge Winners who will be warming their bodies and souls this winter by sipping on Allegro Coffee's delicious Drinking Chocolate: Kristen Proctor of Chicago, IL; Carly Goss of Baltimore, MD; Rosemary Gavello of Springfield, MA; Christine Kopec of Chicago, IL; and Lisa Call of Denver, CO. Congrats & Enjoy!
This Month's Challenge: Is trashing your fall leaves such a big deal? Yes! Especially if you load yours into plastic bags which preserve leaves in landfills forever! According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of the waste we send to landfills is actually biodegradeable and compostable?
The Prize: Warm your body and soul this winter with a box of Allegro Coffee's Drinking Chocolate. Allegro features seven distinct flavors of drinking chocolate, each grown and harvested in different countries. Whether it's the original Colombian 53 blend, or the new shade-grown Ghana 80 recipe, this is the ideal cool weather treat and an invigorating beverage any day of the year. Many thanks to Allegro Coffee for sponsoring this month's challenge andprize!
The Answer: Between 20%-50% of the waste we send to landfills is biodegradeable and compostable.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!