PAC Worldwide Manufactures, Ships and Takes the Environment Seriously
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- 2013 GreenBiz.com Forum New York (03/08/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
by Megan Brown on 12/11/2008
PAC Worldwide has chosen to take green seriously.
Businesses have an impact. We all have an impact but how we go about thinking about our impact and trying to change it is what really matters. When I am evaluating a company I want to know what they’re doing to tread more lightly. Are their initiatives ongoing are they company-wide?
A company like PAC Worldwide that sells shipping and packaging supplies doesn’t seem like a likely company to be actively working to reduce its environmental footprint but yet this company is. The mail jackets the company sells are made out of 100% recycled materials and are 100% recyclable. Timers are used for equipment to save energy and their printing uses water based inks. These are just a few of the programs that PAC Worldwide has in place that shows its environmentally conscience side. There is also the commitment to offset 50% of its electricity use with renewable energy and continually finding ways to make its mailers lighter so that there is less packaging that costs less to ship.
When selecting shipping products, office supplies or a printing provider, remember to not only evaluate companies by price but by their commitment to the greater good and the environment. Change doesn’t happen all at once but a company’s priorities and direction are telling. To find out more about PAC Worldwide, go here.