@Idealbite - Hi Ho Silverton - City Break
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- The High Price of Natural Gas (05/24/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 01/11/2009
Take a Break From the City and Head to the Mountains- Green Living Tip brought to you by Ideal Bite
Hi Ho Silverton - City Break
Who was that ski-masked man? That'd be you, natch, at Silverton Mountain. The black-diamond set already loves the steep and deep runs at this reservations-recommended spot, but here's more reason to giddyup at SM: Tons of stuff there - from the lifts to the rescue sleds to furnishings in its base hut/lodge - was made from recycled or reclaimed materials, so you'll be supporting a resort that kept thousands of pounds of stuff outta the trash heap. Afterward, head to town for some organic, fair-trade coffees at the Steam and Steel Café (a rich cuppa Americana, perhaps?). And if you're spending the night, rest up at the Teller House Hotel, a 112-year-old building furnished with recycled and refinished Victorian antiques. Now...away!
Small Changes Add Up: If 10,000 Denver Biters ski at a resort that uses lifts made from reclaimed materials, we'll pump about a half a million bucks into businesses that care about Mama Earth.
Jen from Renewable Choice Says: Spending some time in the mountains, away from pollution and the computer screen, will refresh your body and soul. To make your trip as sustainable as possible make sure you carpool (preferably in a hybrid) and be sure to support local businesses.
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.