@Idealbite - Hi Ho Silverton - City Break
- Happy Holidays from Renewable Choice and Mosaic Labs! (12/09/2013)
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
- New York State to Open Green Bank (10/31/2013)
- The Rising Current of Green Gyms Around the World (07/23/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Deadline Approaches (07/12/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Renewable Energy Finance Tactic Changes the Game (12/04/2013)
- We Are Thankful 2013 (11/18/2013)
- The Little Engines That Could: How Grassroots Stopped Oil & Gas Encroachment in Colorado (11/13/2013)
- Carbon-Neutral Energy Attainable Through Gasification System (11/06/2013)
- EPA Expands Green Power Partnership Program (10/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
- The Connection between Climate and Waste (08/01/2013)
- Economics of Sustainability White Paper Delivers (07/25/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 01/11/2009
Take a Break From the City and Head to the Mountains- Green Living Tip brought to you by Ideal Bite
Hi Ho Silverton - City Break
Who was that ski-masked man? That'd be you, natch, at Silverton Mountain. The black-diamond set already loves the steep and deep runs at this reservations-recommended spot, but here's more reason to giddyup at SM: Tons of stuff there - from the lifts to the rescue sleds to furnishings in its base hut/lodge - was made from recycled or reclaimed materials, so you'll be supporting a resort that kept thousands of pounds of stuff outta the trash heap. Afterward, head to town for some organic, fair-trade coffees at the Steam and Steel Café (a rich cuppa Americana, perhaps?). And if you're spending the night, rest up at the Teller House Hotel, a 112-year-old building furnished with recycled and refinished Victorian antiques. Now...away!
Small Changes Add Up: If 10,000 Denver Biters ski at a resort that uses lifts made from reclaimed materials, we'll pump about a half a million bucks into businesses that care about Mama Earth.
Jen from Renewable Choice Says: Spending some time in the mountains, away from pollution and the computer screen, will refresh your body and soul. To make your trip as sustainable as possible make sure you carpool (preferably in a hybrid) and be sure to support local businesses.
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.