January Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Celebrating Telluride Bluegrass Festival’s 40th Anniversary (06/14/2013)
- Renewable Choice Honored as a ‘Best for the Environment’ B Corp (05/29/2013)
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Colorado “Head of Class” for Electric Vehicle Policies (06/10/2013)
- AWEA 2013: Production Tax Credit, State RPS, and Direct Corporate PPA Interest Hot Topics (06/04/2013)
- Good News from Duke Energy (05/29/2013)
- The High Price of Natural Gas (05/24/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- The Relationship between Organic Food and Ecosystem Health (06/18/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 02/25/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our January Sleuth Challenge!
The Winners: Congratulations to the January Impact Sleuth Challenge Winners who each won a personal body care gift set from Pangea Organics: Dawn Murphy of Heathrow, FL; Julia Versaci of Marietta, GA; Susan Shea of Oceanside, CA; Debi Herrington of Seattle, WA; and Casey Coy of Ann Arbor, MI. Congrats and Enjoy!
This Month's Challenge: Break free of your unhealthy chemical intake in 2009. Most common body products contain harmful substances such as coal tar, parabens, petrochemicals, and triclosan- which researchers have sited as contributors to cancer, antibacterial resistance and hormone disruption. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of what is rubbed on your skin is actually absorbed?
The Prize: Start the New Year off chem-free with one of five personal body care gift sets courtesy of Pangea Organics (Retail Value $30). A plus for the planet: Pangea's gift boxes are 100% compostable, biodegradable and plantable- follow the directions and up should spring a Spruce Tree! Many thanks to Pangea Organics for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: Skin absords about 60% of what you rub on it.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!