January Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Happy Holidays from Renewable Choice and Mosaic Labs! (12/09/2013)
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
- New York State to Open Green Bank (10/31/2013)
- The Rising Current of Green Gyms Around the World (07/23/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Deadline Approaches (07/12/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Renewable Energy Finance Tactic Changes the Game (12/04/2013)
- We Are Thankful 2013 (11/18/2013)
- The Little Engines That Could: How Grassroots Stopped Oil & Gas Encroachment in Colorado (11/13/2013)
- Carbon-Neutral Energy Attainable Through Gasification System (11/06/2013)
- EPA Expands Green Power Partnership Program (10/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
- The Connection between Climate and Waste (08/01/2013)
- Economics of Sustainability White Paper Delivers (07/25/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 02/25/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our January Sleuth Challenge!
The Winners: Congratulations to the January Impact Sleuth Challenge Winners who each won a personal body care gift set from Pangea Organics: Dawn Murphy of Heathrow, FL; Julia Versaci of Marietta, GA; Susan Shea of Oceanside, CA; Debi Herrington of Seattle, WA; and Casey Coy of Ann Arbor, MI. Congrats and Enjoy!
This Month's Challenge: Break free of your unhealthy chemical intake in 2009. Most common body products contain harmful substances such as coal tar, parabens, petrochemicals, and triclosan- which researchers have sited as contributors to cancer, antibacterial resistance and hormone disruption. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of what is rubbed on your skin is actually absorbed?
The Prize: Start the New Year off chem-free with one of five personal body care gift sets courtesy of Pangea Organics (Retail Value $30). A plus for the planet: Pangea's gift boxes are 100% compostable, biodegradable and plantable- follow the directions and up should spring a Spruce Tree! Many thanks to Pangea Organics for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: Skin absords about 60% of what you rub on it.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!