March Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
- New York State to Open Green Bank (10/31/2013)
- The Rising Current of Green Gyms Around the World (07/23/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Deadline Approaches (07/12/2013)
- What is a CO2 Calculator? (07/11/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Renewable Energy Finance Tactic Changes the Game (12/04/2013)
- We Are Thankful 2013 (11/18/2013)
- The Little Engines That Could: How Grassroots Stopped Oil & Gas Encroachment in Colorado (11/13/2013)
- Carbon-Neutral Energy Attainable Through Gasification System (11/06/2013)
- EPA Expands Green Power Partnership Program (10/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
- The Connection between Climate and Waste (08/01/2013)
- Economics of Sustainability White Paper Delivers (07/25/2013)
carbon reduction american wind energy association sludge swapping vail resorts plus-size fashion protective packaging manufacturer reclamation program maglev awea movies leed gold u.s. consumption home cds compliance market current event topics from good ethanol food scraps wheat u.s. power grid whole foods market leed-cs gold greenhouse gas reduction commitment millercoors bedding health industry renewable energy igoogle powermeter federal government sustainability ingleside communities environmentally-friendly vodka water sustainable economy renewaable choice newsletter recycling program detroit lundberg green practices parents 2009 un plans
by Jen Biederman on 04/22/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our March Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Cooking your food at temps above 116 degrees depletes nutrients and uses more energy. Eating more raw foods, like organic nut butters, boosts your health and saves energy. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of the nutrient folate is lost by cooking spinach on the stove top instead of eating it raw?
The Prize: Eating a raw food diet doesn't mean you have to forgo delectable delights, some of the tastiest treats are simply natural raw foods like nut butters. Each sleuth challenge winner this month will receive an 11oz. jar of Kettle Foods Nut Butter (retail value $7.50). Many thanks to Kettle Foods for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: 77% of the nutrient folate is lost in spinach by cooking it on the stove-top instead of eating it raw.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!