March Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- WRI’s New Guidance on Scope 2 Emissions: What Does it Mean? (01/30/2015)
- Energy Storage & Recycling: The New Frontiers of Energy Efficiency (01/14/2015)
- A Reflection on Gratitude (11/25/2014)
- The Role of Community Wind (11/06/2014)
- EPA Green Power Partnership Announces Top Lists (11/05/2014)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
antimony-free textiles hemp foods economic returns syngas paper towel furniture recycling program geothermal unicorns energy conservation shoes vertical axis public land apple crude prices 2009 predictions black friday ghg mosaic labs newsheet at starbucks recycled leed green power digital hub cleantech shocks vc washington nationals jax climate change 2009 green rubber in malaysia margaritas artists croton megalocarpus tastykake shipping emissions ccrc in dc jobs environmental responsibility moisturizer 10 to the 100th stimulus bill blm
by Jen Biederman on 04/22/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our March Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Cooking your food at temps above 116 degrees depletes nutrients and uses more energy. Eating more raw foods, like organic nut butters, boosts your health and saves energy. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of the nutrient folate is lost by cooking spinach on the stove top instead of eating it raw?
The Prize: Eating a raw food diet doesn't mean you have to forgo delectable delights, some of the tastiest treats are simply natural raw foods like nut butters. Each sleuth challenge winner this month will receive an 11oz. jar of Kettle Foods Nut Butter (retail value $7.50). Many thanks to Kettle Foods for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: 77% of the nutrient folate is lost in spinach by cooking it on the stove-top instead of eating it raw.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!