March Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
- Growth in Carbon Offset Market Supported by Voluntary Purchasers (07/24/2014)
- The Water-Energy Nexus (06/05/2014)
- B Lab Announces 1,000th B Corp Certification (05/16/2014)
- CDP Supply Chain Reporting Period Opens (04/04/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- UBS Report Suggests Renewable Focus for U.S. (08/27/2014)
- The Master Limited Partnership Parity Act (08/20/2014)
- International Landscape Series Part III: India (08/13/2014)
- International Landscape Series Part II: Australia (08/12/2014)
- EPA Green Power Partnership Updates Top Rankings (07/30/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
urban land institute grass leed silver high quality nutritional supplements ed begley tennessee ma wind stimulus body products green business tile ases vail resorts afforestation energy greening america copenhagen tissues bike to work week telluride festival students food scraps environmentally responsible property investing skincare recycled packaging supplies energy protest rpi awards economic returns shopping furniture recycling program environmentaly-friendly snowshoes wind power goddard schools baby ceiling fans economy digital converter founding member environment initiatives ul environment
by Jen Biederman on 04/22/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our March Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Cooking your food at temps above 116 degrees depletes nutrients and uses more energy. Eating more raw foods, like organic nut butters, boosts your health and saves energy. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of the nutrient folate is lost by cooking spinach on the stove top instead of eating it raw?
The Prize: Eating a raw food diet doesn't mean you have to forgo delectable delights, some of the tastiest treats are simply natural raw foods like nut butters. Each sleuth challenge winner this month will receive an 11oz. jar of Kettle Foods Nut Butter (retail value $7.50). Many thanks to Kettle Foods for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: 77% of the nutrient folate is lost in spinach by cooking it on the stove-top instead of eating it raw.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!