March Sleuth Challenge Winners
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
- Growth in Carbon Offset Market Supported by Voluntary Purchasers (07/24/2014)
- The Water-Energy Nexus (06/05/2014)
- B Lab Announces 1,000th B Corp Certification (05/16/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- Municipal Franchise Agreements Offer Local Energy Options (09/10/2014)
- The Story of a New Sector (09/03/2014)
- UBS Report Suggests Renewable Focus for U.S. (08/27/2014)
- The Master Limited Partnership Parity Act (08/20/2014)
- International Landscape Series Part III: India (08/13/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
eco-friendly community president obama jason wykoff eco gifts sustainable materials corporate responsibiilty renewable energy for super bowl wood finishes new orleans atlanta hd studio renewable choice news lana malone oil independence jewish reconstructionist congregation npr composting public land green art fair miami printers baby green power purchaser recycled material urban land institute 2009 croton megalocarpus restaurants manure power lawn care eco-friendly bags bags energy star award cleaning online shopping king farm leed green associate cleantech american wind energy association cork vers
by Jen Biederman on 04/22/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our March Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Cooking your food at temps above 116 degrees depletes nutrients and uses more energy. Eating more raw foods, like organic nut butters, boosts your health and saves energy. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of the nutrient folate is lost by cooking spinach on the stove top instead of eating it raw?
The Prize: Eating a raw food diet doesn't mean you have to forgo delectable delights, some of the tastiest treats are simply natural raw foods like nut butters. Each sleuth challenge winner this month will receive an 11oz. jar of Kettle Foods Nut Butter (retail value $7.50). Many thanks to Kettle Foods for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: 77% of the nutrient folate is lost in spinach by cooking it on the stove-top instead of eating it raw.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!