March Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- How Tesla is Partnering with Jackson Family Wines to Disrupt the Energy Market (06/23/2015)
- President Obama Ups the Sustainability Ante with a New Executive Order (03/30/2015)
- How One Texas Town is Upsetting the Fossil Fuel Apple Cart (03/27/2015)
- Climate Leadership Conference Highlights Successes (03/16/2015)
- Falling Prices and Tax Incentives Driving Explosive Renewable Growth (02/23/2015)
- The Energy-Water Nexus: Renewables May be the Answer to Widespread Drought (06/29/2015)
- Earth Day 2015: Celebrating Renewables (04/21/2015)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
fur wind power for schools polarized sunglasses planet partners program lawn care leed evaporative cooling business solutions la grande dame green building london recs volunteer reclamation program lifestyle gear of the year snowshoes wood finishes emissions syngas ccrc in dc tree-house leed platinum sustainabiliity best practices green hotel in ga obama administration leed v3 video millercoors water conservation green living u.s. congress organic kettle foods fun sony and waste management partnership federal government sustainability donations earth day carbon reduction offshore wind free-range
by Jen Biederman on 04/22/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our March Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Cooking your food at temps above 116 degrees depletes nutrients and uses more energy. Eating more raw foods, like organic nut butters, boosts your health and saves energy. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of the nutrient folate is lost by cooking spinach on the stove top instead of eating it raw?
The Prize: Eating a raw food diet doesn't mean you have to forgo delectable delights, some of the tastiest treats are simply natural raw foods like nut butters. Each sleuth challenge winner this month will receive an 11oz. jar of Kettle Foods Nut Butter (retail value $7.50). Many thanks to Kettle Foods for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: 77% of the nutrient folate is lost in spinach by cooking it on the stove-top instead of eating it raw.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!