March Sleuth Challenge Winners
- The Water-Energy Nexus (06/05/2014)
- B Lab Announces 1,000th B Corp Certification (05/16/2014)
- CDP Supply Chain Reporting Period Opens (04/04/2014)
- 2014 Climate Action Resources Announced (03/21/2014)
- Mosaic Labs Announces E-Book for Wal-Mart Sustainability Index (03/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- U.S. House of Representatives Releases 2015 Energy and Water Bill (07/17/2014)
- The Feasibility of Fossil Fuels (07/11/2014)
- Loan Guarantee Solicitation Marks Reemergence of LPO (07/08/2014)
- BNEF Market Outlook Points to Importance of Renewable Resources (07/02/2014)
- Germany’s Solar Record Calls for Leadership from U.S. (06/26/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
bags 2009 un plans cast iron cookware treehugger weeds mother earth news gold leed certification nantucket sound paper la grande dame students energy star award cooking oils worldchanging.com tissues salad lundberg’s green commitments pv granite economic returns millercoors water conservation october sustainable economy kettle foods wind business solutions green hotel practices climate change 2009 marine power jewish reconstructionist congregation reduce april grass solid waste 360 vodka renewable energy directive repairing old clothes environmental protection agency cap-and-trade green products
by Jen Biederman on 04/22/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our March Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Cooking your food at temps above 116 degrees depletes nutrients and uses more energy. Eating more raw foods, like organic nut butters, boosts your health and saves energy. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of the nutrient folate is lost by cooking spinach on the stove top instead of eating it raw?
The Prize: Eating a raw food diet doesn't mean you have to forgo delectable delights, some of the tastiest treats are simply natural raw foods like nut butters. Each sleuth challenge winner this month will receive an 11oz. jar of Kettle Foods Nut Butter (retail value $7.50). Many thanks to Kettle Foods for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: 77% of the nutrient folate is lost in spinach by cooking it on the stove-top instead of eating it raw.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!