March Sleuth Challenge Winners
- Growth in Carbon Offset Market Supported by Voluntary Purchasers (07/24/2014)
- The Water-Energy Nexus (06/05/2014)
- B Lab Announces 1,000th B Corp Certification (05/16/2014)
- CDP Supply Chain Reporting Period Opens (04/04/2014)
- 2014 Climate Action Resources Announced (03/21/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- Google Teams Up With EDF to Track Natural Gas Leaks (07/23/2014)
- U.S. House of Representatives Releases 2015 Energy and Water Bill (07/17/2014)
- The Feasibility of Fossil Fuels (07/11/2014)
- Loan Guarantee Solicitation Marks Reemergence of LPO (07/08/2014)
- BNEF Market Outlook Points to Importance of Renewable Resources (07/02/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
manitoba harvest mandatory renewables siemens sunscreen domestic veggie oil recycling program franchise growth watches countertops trees millercoors 2009 predictions vertical axis goddard schools books green living weather channel renewable energy for super bowl re&ee power shift mardi gras mccormick distilling biomass waste reduction building pharmaca governmental sustainabilty initiatives prints green marketing bicep u.s. consumption carbon caps clean tech cooler. fur neef report turbine technology micro-trigeneration hp alternative fuels sun
by Jen Biederman on 04/22/2009
Congratulations to the Winners of our March Sleuth Challenge!
This Month's Challenge: Cooking your food at temps above 116 degrees depletes nutrients and uses more energy. Eating more raw foods, like organic nut butters, boosts your health and saves energy. According to this Ideal Bite Tip, what percentage of the nutrient folate is lost by cooking spinach on the stove top instead of eating it raw?
The Prize: Eating a raw food diet doesn't mean you have to forgo delectable delights, some of the tastiest treats are simply natural raw foods like nut butters. Each sleuth challenge winner this month will receive an 11oz. jar of Kettle Foods Nut Butter (retail value $7.50). Many thanks to Kettle Foods for sponsoring this month's challenge and prize!
The Answer: 77% of the nutrient folate is lost in spinach by cooking it on the stove-top instead of eating it raw.
Thanks to everyone who participated- look for a new Sleuth Challenge next month!