Full of Crap - From @Idealbite
- Mosaic Labs Announces E-Book for Wal-Mart Sustainability Index (03/06/2014)
- 2014 Sustainability Trends (01/27/2014)
- Trends in Carbon Accounting Point to Carbon Offsets as a Natural Next Step (01/10/2014)
- Happy Holidays from Renewable Choice and Mosaic Labs! (12/09/2013)
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Small Town Solar Systems Demonstrate Renewable Leadership (02/28/2014)
- Sustainability Measures in the 2014 Farm Bill (02/20/2014)
- How Did Energy Fare in the State of the Union? (02/11/2014)
- California Energy Storage Verdict (02/05/2014)
- European Commission Announces Climate Change Package (01/30/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 05/18/2009
Saving Water & Energy - Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
Full of Crap
Do you believe your dishwasher saves water? Trust: If you only run it when it's full, it does. Try to use appliances like washers and dryers when they're completely loaded to avoid wasting energy and water. Believe it.
- Credulous resource savings. Your clothes washer's gonna use the same amount of energy and H2O whether you throw in one skort or 20; if you run it only when it's filled, you'll conserve more than 3,400 gallons of water per year.
- No lie: You'll save cash. Only running the dishwasher when comfortably packed saves you about $40 a year.
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: I never run my dishwasher or washing machine unless they are packed full. Even if this means I need to do a little hand-washing to tide me over with dishes or clothes, it is worth it to save the water and energy. Remember, more often than not it is unecesary to run the dry cycle on your dishwasher, and if you live in a dry climate like Colorado, your clothes will dry faster by simply hanging them out to dry. Don't believe me, test it out yourself, Mythbusters style. ~Jen
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.