The Four R's
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- 2013 GreenBiz.com Forum New York (03/08/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
by Jen Biederman on 12/29/2008
Teaching Kids to Read - Green Living Tip Brought to you by Ideal Bite
What lesson's just as important as readin', 'ritin', and 'rithmetic?
Recyclin', of course. Teach littl'uns greener ways - just as important as the traditional fundamentals - with a regular trip to the recycling center.
- Givin' to receive. Dropping off bottles and cans for recycling means the planet gets a breather and the kids get a little extra cash.
- Teachin' good eco-habits. Making recycling a regular part of their lives is great practice for a lifelong environmentality - and saves landfill space and resources (using recycled aluminum, for example, uses 95% less energy than making cans from new ore).
Jen From Renewable Choice Says: Music inspires us all- why not use it to teach those little ones about recycling? The 3 R's by Jack Johnson is one of my favorites, and happens to be all about reducing, reusing and recycling. Lyrics and an audio sample provided on Jack Johnson's website.
Jen Biederman is a Customer Service and Communications Specialist for Renewable Choice Energy.