Six-Megawatt Wind Turbines Assembled in Germany
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- 2013 GreenBiz.com Forum New York (03/08/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
by Kevin Maddaford on 01/07/2009
REpower Systems assembled three of its new 6 MW offshore wind turbines.
The new turbine is rated at a 6 MW generation capacity and has the same dimensions as the 5M, allowing it to be used in projects already planned around the 5M. The first three turbines will be installed and tested at the Westre civic wind farm on the Germany-Denmark border.
Offshore wind technology continues to grow strongly in Europe, as many of the best wind resources are found at sea. The benefits of offshore wind farms include stronger, more consistent wind than found on land and the ability to transport and erect larger, more efficient turbines. Europe leads the world in developing offshore wind farms, and many offshore projects in the United States are in planning stages.
You can read more about these new turbines and REpower at Windfair here.