Lundberg Farms Supports Employees & Environment
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- 2013 GreenBiz.com Forum New York (03/08/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
by Megan Brown on 05/19/2009
Lundberg acquires yet another award.
Lundberg Family Farms has been in operation since 1937 and in the early 1960s, the Lundberg brothers were approached with the idea of producing organic rice. It was not very different from the products they were already producing so it seemed a natural evolution and they’ve been farming this way ever since. To honor this commitment, last week Lundberg was recognized with the Organic Leadership Award from the Organic Trade Association for pioneering organic rice farming and helping increase the number of organic farmers.
Lundberg Family Farms is good at what they do, good to their employees and good to the environment. This respectful business culture is getting rewarded too. In recognition for its healthy and engaging work environment, Lundberg also won Top Small Workplace from The Wall Street Journal at the end of last year.
Then there is its commitment to the environment. Besides being an certified organic farming organization, Lundberg is also committed to supporting renewable energy. In 2003 it made its first an investment in renewable energy by purchasing renewable energy credits (RECs) for 10% of its electricity use. In 2006, Lundberg took the next big step by installing photovoltaic tanks that generate 15-20% of its electricity needs. Then to take care of its remaining electricity use, Lundberg buys RECs from Renewable Choice.
By communicating its company-wide commitments that focus on quality, authenticity and differentiation, Lundberg is succeeding by doing what it feels is the right thing to do. It has entered into its seventh decade of operation and it continues to follow its values to support its employees, their families, the environment and of course the bottom line.
Learn more about Lundberg's eco positive farming methods that produce wholesome rice, rice cakes, rice chips and risottos.
It is great to see a company that works hard to create a healthy culture that respects the land it uses get recognized and rewarded for their efforts. Lundberg Family Farms is a brand that is creating a loyal following of fans. I am now one of them. ~ Megan
Megan Brown is the Client Relations Manager for Renewable Choice.