Seventh Generation Launches Green Cleaning Service
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- 2013 GreenBiz.com Forum New York (03/08/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
by Megan Brown on 04/30/2009
Seventh Generation partners with a non-profit to offer green jobs and a healthy work environment.
Seventh Generation, a well known consumer brand name and pioneer in the non-toxic home and personal care products industry has announced a new partnership with non-profit, Women’s Action to Gain Economic Security (WAGES).
Together these two organizations have launched Home Green Home, a residential cleaning service in San Francisco. This collaborative effort is a pilot program that is part of a growing social enterprise movement where a non-profit partners with a business in order to help a community. The co-op members of Home Green Home use Seventh Generation products and together jobs are created, and members and clients alike do not get exposed to harmful cleaners.
For over a decade, WAGES has been offering its members a better work experience along with health benefits. WAGES affiliate co-ops typically see a 50% increase in their salaries once they join, while also receiving health care benefits and paid vacations. These benefits are not typical for this industry and these jobs offer healthy, dignified working conditions. Hilary Abell, Executive Director of WAGES, said that the partnership has been in the works for quite a while since her organization has been using Seventh Generation products for a decade.
Both organizations hope that Home Green Home becomes a template that gets rolled out in other markets. For more information, visit the Home Green Home website. To read more about Seventh Generation's corporate responsibility, go to: www.seventhgeneration.com.
The strategy of having a non-profit and for-profit company come together to benefit a community is a valuable collaboration. I hope to see more announcements like this where everyone wins. ~ Megan
Megan Brown is the Client Relations Manager for Renewable Choice.