Seventh Generation Launches Green Cleaning Service
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
- New York State to Open Green Bank (10/31/2013)
- The Rising Current of Green Gyms Around the World (07/23/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Deadline Approaches (07/12/2013)
- What is a CO2 Calculator? (07/11/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Renewable Energy Finance Tactic Changes the Game (12/04/2013)
- We Are Thankful 2013 (11/18/2013)
- The Little Engines That Could: How Grassroots Stopped Oil & Gas Encroachment in Colorado (11/13/2013)
- Carbon-Neutral Energy Attainable Through Gasification System (11/06/2013)
- EPA Expands Green Power Partnership Program (10/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
- The Connection between Climate and Waste (08/01/2013)
- Economics of Sustainability White Paper Delivers (07/25/2013)
by Megan Brown on 04/30/2009
Seventh Generation partners with a non-profit to offer green jobs and a healthy work environment.
Seventh Generation, a well known consumer brand name and pioneer in the non-toxic home and personal care products industry has announced a new partnership with non-profit, Women’s Action to Gain Economic Security (WAGES).
Together these two organizations have launched Home Green Home, a residential cleaning service in San Francisco. This collaborative effort is a pilot program that is part of a growing social enterprise movement where a non-profit partners with a business in order to help a community. The co-op members of Home Green Home use Seventh Generation products and together jobs are created, and members and clients alike do not get exposed to harmful cleaners.
For over a decade, WAGES has been offering its members a better work experience along with health benefits. WAGES affiliate co-ops typically see a 50% increase in their salaries once they join, while also receiving health care benefits and paid vacations. These benefits are not typical for this industry and these jobs offer healthy, dignified working conditions. Hilary Abell, Executive Director of WAGES, said that the partnership has been in the works for quite a while since her organization has been using Seventh Generation products for a decade.
Both organizations hope that Home Green Home becomes a template that gets rolled out in other markets. For more information, visit the Home Green Home website. To read more about Seventh Generation's corporate responsibility, go to: www.seventhgeneration.com.
The strategy of having a non-profit and for-profit company come together to benefit a community is a valuable collaboration. I hope to see more announcements like this where everyone wins. ~ Megan
Megan Brown is the Client Relations Manager for Renewable Choice.