Business Blog Articles By Tags
- Celebrating Telluride Bluegrass Festival’s 40th Anniversary (06/14/2013)
- Renewable Choice Honored as a ‘Best for the Environment’ B Corp (05/29/2013)
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Colorado “Head of Class” for Electric Vehicle Policies (06/10/2013)
- AWEA 2013: Production Tax Credit, State RPS, and Direct Corporate PPA Interest Hot Topics (06/04/2013)
- Good News from Duke Energy (05/29/2013)
- The High Price of Natural Gas (05/24/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- The Relationship between Organic Food and Ecosystem Health (06/18/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
Tags: federal government sustainability initiatives
Wind Power Survives Fiscal Cliff
by Kris Lotlikar on 01/21/2013
The wind energy production tax credit (PTC) was extended for 2013 at the last minute by Congress as part of the fiscal cliff deal. The PTC provides a 2.2-cent tax credit for each kilowatt hour... [more]
A couple of weeks ago, I had the pleasure of speaking at the 5th annual Nebraska Wind Conference. Organized by the Nebraska Wind Conference Committee, the focus of the two-day event was to... [more]
Regardless of your opinion on whether Rio +20 sustainability conferences last month were successful, it was music to environmentalists’ ears when the UK’s Deputy Minister Nick Clegg... [more]
This Year's GPP Awards Announced During REM Conference
by Ryan Meeks on 12/08/2011
Renewable Choice recently attended the 2011 REM Conference at which this year's Green Power Partnership Awards were announced.
On November 16th, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy and the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions (CRS), presented the 11th... [more]
Study: National RES would add 274,000 jobs
by Kevin Maddaford on 02/11/2010
A strong national renewable electricity standard would add 274,000 U.S. jobs by 2025.
According to a new study released by the RES Alliance for Jobs, a national renewable electricity standard (RES) requiring 25% of electricity to be generated by renewable sources by 2025... [more]
October Choice Insight Newsletter
by Jen Biederman on 10/29/2009
Vote for Clean Energy, Walmart Sustainability Index, Xanterra Parks & Resorts, and More!
It's About YouThis may not be a presidential election year, but casting your vote next week is as important as ever. Your choice to support green technologies and clean energy production... [more]
Support for Renewable Energy in Western U.S.
by Kevin Maddaford on 06/23/2009
The Obama Administration has announced plans to develop western states’ clean energy potential.
The Western Governors' Association (WGA) held its annual meeting in Park City, Utah, where officials from the Obama Administration signaled strong support for... [more]
Bailout Bill Extends Production Tax Credit
by Kevin Maddaford on 11/10/2008
The $700 billion financial bailout bill includes an extension of the PTC for renewable energy.
With the passage of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (H.R. 1424), the $700 billion package intended to shore up the ailing financial industry, the Production... [more]
Showing 1 - 8 of 9 Articles | Page 1 of 2