Business Blog Articles By Tags
- Celebrating Telluride Bluegrass Festival’s 40th Anniversary (06/14/2013)
- Renewable Choice Honored as a ‘Best for the Environment’ B Corp (05/29/2013)
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Colorado “Head of Class” for Electric Vehicle Policies (06/10/2013)
- AWEA 2013: Production Tax Credit, State RPS, and Direct Corporate PPA Interest Hot Topics (06/04/2013)
- Good News from Duke Energy (05/29/2013)
- The High Price of Natural Gas (05/24/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- The Relationship between Organic Food and Ecosystem Health (06/18/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
Tags: wind power
Renewables Could Supply 40% of Global Electricity
by Kevin Maddaford on 03/13/2009
By 2050 renewable energy might provide 40% of the world’s electricity supply.
Renewable technologies such as wind turbines, solar photovoltaics and biomass currently produce a small portion of the world's electricity, but with proper political and financial support, they could... [more]
Wind Power Experiences Record Growth in 2008
by Kevin Maddaford on 02/02/2009
The amount of wind power installed in the US last year exceeded even the highest expectations.
2008 saw the largest amount of wind power capacity ever installed in the United States in one year: 8,358 megawatts (MW). According to the American Wind Energy Association (AWEA), the news is good,... [more]
Fuel Cells Power Wind Monitor
by Kevin Maddaford on 01/12/2009
Fuel cells will power a new wind monitoring system, making it zero-carbon.
The development of two fuel cell wind monitoring systems is nearing completion by the British energy company Npower. Each contains two 12-volt methanol fuel cells, developed by UPS Systems, that... [more]
Tennessee Coal Sludge Disaster A Wake-Up Call
by Heather Philipp on 01/08/2009
The environmental disaster in eastern Tennessee a sad red flag for coal reliance.
As U.S. and Tennessee authorities scramble to deal with the aftermath of the largest environmental disaster of its kind in U.S. history, questions, accusations, and even a $165M lawsuit are in... [more]
A new wind turbine design will be installed on a community college campus in New York.
The world’s first utility-scale vertical-axis wind turbine will make its debut on the campus of Sullivan County Community College in Loch Sheldrake, NY. Environmental Technologies... [more]
June Choice Insight Newsletter
by Jen Biederman on 06/18/2008
Happy June From Renewable Choice! Wind Power Newsletter.
Dear Renewable Choice Customer, You've been supporting wind power for some time now, and I want you to know that your commitment is making a difference! Again in 2007, wind power in the U.S.... [more]
March Choice Insight Newsletter
by Jen Biederman on 03/13/2008
Spring is in the Wind! March Newsletter From Renewable Choice.
Dear Renewable Choice Customer, We're celebrating the tenacity of a budding spring, the unwavering growth of wind power across the country, and an unfailing commitment we share with our... [more]
AWEA Market Report Forecasts Record Growth
by Holly Hallowell on 11/05/2008
Record growth projected for the wind energy industry for the fourth year in a row.
The American Wind Energy Association's third quarter market report reveals that the industry is forecasting yet another year of record growth, exceeding last year's 5,249 MW... [more]
Showing 25 - 32 of 36 Articles | Page 4 of 5