Business Blog Articles By Tags
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
- Growth in Carbon Offset Market Supported by Voluntary Purchasers (07/24/2014)
- The Water-Energy Nexus (06/05/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- A Reflection on Gratitude (11/25/2014)
- The Role of Community Wind (11/06/2014)
- EPA Green Power Partnership Announces Top Lists (11/05/2014)
- The Spooky Reality of Climate Change (10/31/2014)
- The Importance of Renewing the Production Tax Credit (10/07/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
- Did You Make a Carbon Resolution This Year? (01/14/2014)
Walmart's Road to Self & Supplier Sustainability
by Heather Philipp on 03/09/2010
Since 2005, Walmart has been diving feet-first into sustainability. Read more and watch the video.
The launch of Walmart's Sustainability Index last year turned a lot of heads in the retail and environmental space and many of us watched and waited to see how serious it was. Many have criticized... [more]
Report Shows Greater U.S. Wind Resources
by Kevin Maddaford on 03/09/2010
A new study by NREL shows the U.S. has greater wind resources than previously estimated.
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) and AWS Truewind, a renewable energy consulting firm, have collaborated on a project to update information about wind energy resources and potential... [more]
Graham Hill Tells Suppliers Why & How To Reduce GHG's
by Heather Philipp on 03/03/2010
Graham Hill of Treehugger.com outlines for businesses why greenhouse gases are significant and how to reduce them as part of Walmart's GHG reduction announcement February 24, 2010.
Treehugger.com has joined with the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) to support the sustainability initiatives of Walmart with recent partnership in announcing the retailer's extraordinary goal to... [more]
Walmart's 20 Million MT GHG Reduction Goal
by Heather Philipp on 02/26/2010
Read about and watch video on the Wal-Mart super-chain's plan to reduce 20 million metric tons of greenhouse gas pollution.
In collaboration with the Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) and moderated by Treehugger.com, the maga-retailer Wal-Mart announced yesterday that it plans to reduce 150% of its estimated global... [more]
Walmart's Sour Cream Sustainability Story
by Heather Philipp on 02/24/2010
Read more about Walmart's sustainability initiatives, including viewing their video The Secret Life of Sour Cream.
Over the course of the last few month's we've watched news and processes around the Walmart Sustainability Index grow. Buyers are requesting Walmart suppliers to participate in the Supplier... [more]
Study: National RES would add 274,000 jobs
by Kevin Maddaford on 02/11/2010
A strong national renewable electricity standard would add 274,000 U.S. jobs by 2025.
According to a new study released by the RES Alliance for Jobs, a national renewable electricity standard (RES) requiring 25% of electricity to be generated by renewable sources by 2025... [more]
Carbon Disclosure to be Mandated by SEC
by Matt Wood on 02/11/2010
A new publication puts a spotlight on carbon disclosure and its importance.
Carbon disclosure and reporting has taken a giant leap forward with the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) new interpretative guidance clarifying climate change related... [more]
Building Green Achieves More Than Efficiency & Sustainability
by Megan Brown on 02/15/2010
Many people fear high costs of incorporating sustainability into the design and building process, especially in today’s economy.
In reality, there is no significant difference in the cost of building green, as compared to non-green buildings. Even though construction costs have risen dramatically over the past... [more]
Showing 281 - 288 of 822 Articles | Page 36 of 103