This Year's GPP Awards Announced During REM Conference
- Sustainability is in the DNA at Jackson Family Wines (01/27/2015)
- Could 2015 Be the Tipping Point for U.S. Renewables? (01/08/2015)
- European Directive Mandates Non-financial Reporting (10/23/2014)
- The Job Creation Potential of Alternative Energy (09/18/2014)
- Hotels Find Valuable Option in Carbon Offsets (08/06/2014)
LEED Green Building
- Greenbuild 2014: Leadership Jazz (10/21/2014)
- Renewable Choice Energy Offsets FIFA World Cup Stadiums (06/17/2014)
- LEED® v4 and Green-e® Climate Certified Carbon Offsets (03/31/2014)
- Shippensburg University Project Showcases Value of USGBC LEED® Certification System (03/13/2014)
- LEED® v4 Certification Prepares to Roll Out in Canada (03/03/2014)
- Energy Storage & Recycling: The New Frontiers of Energy Efficiency (01/14/2015)
- A Reflection on Gratitude (11/25/2014)
- The Role of Community Wind (11/06/2014)
- EPA Green Power Partnership Announces Top Lists (11/05/2014)
- The Spooky Reality of Climate Change (10/31/2014)
- Top 10 Tips for a More Sustainable Holiday Season (12/05/2014)
- 500,000+ Voices Strong for Climate Action (09/23/2014)
- Climate Change is Not a Political Issue (05/08/2014)
- Celebrating Earth Day 2014 (04/22/2014)
- Hour for the Earth - 2014 (03/28/2014)
by Ryan Meeks on 12/08/2011
Renewable Choice recently attended the 2011 REM Conference at which this year's Green Power Partnership Awards were announced.
On November 16th, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy and the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions (CRS), presented the 11th annual Green Power Leadership Awards at the Renewable Energy Markets Conference in San Francisco. The recipients of the awards included 19 Green Power Partners who were recognized for their considerable support of renewable energy sources that increase our country’s energy security, avoid the release of greenhouse gas emissions and help protect the health of our country’s citizens.
“EPA’s Green Power Leadership Award winners are at the forefront of our economy, driving the development of innovative, renewable energy sources and demonstrating that green power makes as much sense for our health and our environment as it does for our business’ bottom lines,” said Gina McCarthy,Assistant Administrator for EPA’s Office of Air and Radiation.
Congratulations to all of the award recipients! Your admirable support of renewable energy is helping to shape the world into a cleaner and safer place to live. The 2011 Green Power Leadership Award winners include:
Green Power Partners of the Year
- Empire State Building
- Google Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Kohl’s Department Stores
Green Power Communities of the Year
- Portland, Oregon
- Washington, D.C.
Green Power Purchasing
- Adobe Systems Inc.
- Allegheny College
- Datapipe, Inc.
- Franklin & Marshall College
- Jackson Family Wines
- Mercyhurst College
- Santa Clara University
- State Street Corporation
- University of Central Oklahoma
- City of San Francisco
- SC Johnson & Son
Our congratulations also goes out to the other 1,300 partner organizations whose united support of renewable energy equates to the use of 21 billion kilowatt-hours of green power annually. This commitment to renewable energy has a collective impact equal to eliminating annual carbon dioxide emissions (CO2) from the electricity used by more than 1.8 million average American homes.
You can find more information about the EPA’s Green Power Leadership Awards here or learn more about renewable energy credits and how they work here.
Ryan Meeks is Sustainability Analyst for Renewable Choice.