FAQs About Our Enterprise Carbon Accounting Software; Mosaic
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- 2013 GreenBiz.com Forum New York (03/08/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
by Brian Sloss on 10/17/2011
Read a blog covering FAQs about Mosaic Enterprise Carbon Accounting Software. A simple, scalable and automated way to measure GHG emissions for organizations of any size.
Earlier this year, Renewable Choice Energy launched a new software called MosaicTM, which enables organizations to collect, manage and report on their carbon emissions. It replaces the painful spreadsheet process and is customized to accommodate organizations of any size and any number of facilities. We’ve enjoyed our success with the product thus far and have thoroughly appreciated the feedback our clients have given. As our audience is growing, we often hear common questions from clients and potential clients, so we wanted to take some time and answer them. Let’s start with an easy one…
What is Mosaic?
Mosaic is an enterprise carbon accounting software solution. It’s a web-based application that is simple, scalable and automated. The user enters data about operational activities such as electricity purchases, refrigerant usage and employee travel. The conversions and calculations necessary to turn activity data into a GHG emissions is managed within Mosaic and is compliant with international protocols. Whether an organization has one location or thousands, Mosaic enables global collaboration so that the organization can measure its carbon footprint and understand its climate risks and opportunities.
Which GHG protocols does Mosaic use to manage and report data?
Mosaic is based on recognized protocols and is designed to adhere to the five reporting principles outlined by The Climate Registry and the World Resources Institute/World Business Council for Sustainable Development: relevance, completeness, consistency, transparency and accuracy. The client may choose which protocol they’d like to use.
How much time is required of the client to use Mosaic?
This answer varies depending on how large the organization is, how many sources/facilities are measured and how the responsibility of data gathering is facilitated. To keep the time burden low, we recommend entering data throughout the year as opposed to waiting and trying to populate it all at once. If an organization does want to enter all the data at once, this process typically takes 8-12 weeks. One thing is true among all users regardless of size – it is much faster and more efficient than the spreadsheet approach!
How much assistance does Renewable Choice provide new Mosaic users?
One of the reasons clients particularly enjoy our services is that we help as much or as little as they’d like. Like many new programs, getting started is the hardest part. Fully aware of this, we take extra time to ensure that clients understand the software, its features, advantages, and benefits. We want our customers to succeed and we’ll do what it takes to get them there.
How can I try Mosaic?
We offer a 14-day test drive of Mosaic to give organizations an inside look at what makes it different. With a Mosaic free trial, you receive a login and the convenience of navigating the software on your own time.
May I use the software for multiple years of data?
Yes. The software is designed to manage and aggregate data over multiple years. The more data you have, the easier it is to track goals, identify opportunities and recognize emissions reductions and successes.
How many facilities may I enter in the software?
There is no physical limit to how many facilities you can enter, but your pricing is based on the number and type of facilities that your company has, and the software will limit your access accordingly.
What does it mean for Mosaic to be “protocol-compliant”?
There are five principles to which GHG inventories must adhere. As established by The World Resources Institute/World Business Council for Sustainable Development, they are relevance, completeness, consistency, transparency and accuracy. Mosaic’s GHG Inventory Reports are consistent with these principles.
For more information, to offer feedback, or to ask another question, please email me or give me a call at 303.468.0405 ext. 203.
Brian Sloss is Product Owner of Mosaic for Renewable Choice.