Renewable Choice Blog Archives
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- 2013 GreenBiz.com Forum New York (03/08/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
December WorldChanging Articles
by Jen Biederman on 12/16/2008
WorldChanging.com Articles: Tools, Models and Ideas for Building a Better Future.
Copenhagen, Melbourne & The Reconquest of the City For ten weeks this summer, a twelve-block stretch of Ste. Catherine Street in Montreal was transformed into a vibrant public square. It... [more]
President-elect Obama Announces Renewable Focus
by Heather Philipp on 12/11/2008
Barack Obama meets with Al Gore and announces emphasis on renewables
On Tuesday, President-elect Barack Obama met with Al Gore, former U.S. Vice-President and current chairman of the organization Repower America, to talk about solutions to the climate crisis. In a... [more]
Plasma Technology Produces Energy from Waste
by Kevin Maddaford on 12/04/2008
Plasma gasification systems can create energy and other useful products from solid waste.
Municipal solid waste is a significant environmental issue in the United States. Organic waste fills our landfills and hazardous materials are expensive to dispose of properly. A portion of our... [more]
Thermal Variances in Oceans Yield Renewable Energy
by Kevin Maddaford on 12/01/2008
Variations in seawater temperature at different depths could be used to generate electricity.
For years the world's oceans have been looked at for sources of renewable energy, primarily in the form of wave, tidal and current energy. But a different technology known as Ocean Thermal... [more]
Google’s Renewable Energy Proposal
by Megan Brown on 11/26/2008
The Google team believes in the need to transform our economy with clean energy and they are invested in finding solutions.
Google has become a synonymous with information and answers. It has become a verb that we use on a daily basis. But do you know that Google is also in the renewable energy industry? Do... [more]
Looking for Carbon in Renewable Energy
by Holly Hallowell on 11/20/2008
What similarities and differences do Renewable Energy and Carbon Credits have?
Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) are often viewed as a carbon offset because of the important role they plan in supporting clean energy, reducing our dependence on fossil fuels, and... [more]
Bailout Bill Extends Production Tax Credit
by Kevin Maddaford on 11/10/2008
The $700 billion financial bailout bill includes an extension of the PTC for renewable energy.
With the passage of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (H.R. 1424), the $700 billion package intended to shore up the ailing financial industry, the Production Tax... [more]
Renewable Energy May Find Home on Land Cleanup Sites
by Kevin Maddaford on 11/10/2008
The EPA has identified thousands of sites where renewable energy facilities could be constructed.
Land cleanup sites across the country may provide homes for wind, solar and biomass energy facilities. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), using information from the... [more]
Showing 1 - 8 of 15 Articles | Page 1 of 2