Blog Author Archive
- Happy Holidays from Renewable Choice and Mosaic Labs! (12/09/2013)
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
- New York State to Open Green Bank (10/31/2013)
- The Rising Current of Green Gyms Around the World (07/23/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Deadline Approaches (07/12/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Approaching the Renewable Energy Tipping Point (12/19/2013)
- Renewable Energy Finance Tactic Changes the Game (12/04/2013)
- We Are Thankful 2013 (11/18/2013)
- The Little Engines That Could: How Grassroots Stopped Oil & Gas Encroachment in Colorado (11/13/2013)
- Carbon-Neutral Energy Attainable Through Gasification System (11/06/2013)
- The Intersection of Environmental and Social Justice (12/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
- The Connection between Climate and Waste (08/01/2013)
The 4Ps of Sustainability
by Megan Brown on 09/15/2011
You are probably wondering what the 4Ps of sustainability are.
I’ll get to this inquiry; but first I want to introduce you to a quirky and progressive company, Gold’n Plump. One of the many perks about working in the sustainability industry is that I... [more]
80% Renewable Energy is Achievable
by Megan Brown on 06/29/2011
A new report found that with policy support, renewable sources of energy could meet 80% of global energy demand by 2050. Learn more.
A recent report compiled by over 120 experts and approved by member countries of the United Nation’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), found that renewable sources of energy... [more]
EPA Ranks Renewable Energy Providers
by Megan Brown on 05/06/2011
On Earth Day, the EPA thanked clean energy providers for their efforts in helping grow the Green Power Partnership.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) sent out a newsletter last week that recognized and thanked the green power suppliers that have provided renewable energy credits (RECs) to the most... [more]
NSAA Launches New Climate Challenge Program
by Megan Brown on 05/05/2011
NSAA has added a carbon emissions reduction competition to its Sustainable Slopes program; Climate Challenge.
The National Ski Areas Association (NSAA) has added a carbon emissions reduction competition to its Sustainable Slopes program. With the launch of the Climate Challenge program, NSAA has... [more]
Building Green Achieves More Than Efficiency & Sustainability
by Megan Brown on 02/15/2010
Many people fear high costs of incorporating sustainability into the design and building process, especially in today’s economy.
In reality, there is no significant difference in the cost of building green, as compared to non-green buildings. Even though construction costs have risen dramatically over the past... [more]
Shades of Green - Understanding Greenwashing
by Megan Brown on 02/11/2010
There are lots of definitions, explanations, polls and evolving research on ‘Greenwashing.’
It is a hot topic of conversation and consumers are getting more involved in the process. So how do you communicate your environmental practices, initiatives and goals more... [more]
Walmart Debunks Sustainability Myths
by Megan Brown on 12/01/2009
These are popular myths that companies like Wal-Mart are addressing.
There are many organizations that continually come up with reasons why corporate sustainability won’t work for their business. There are people that believe... [more]
Dolphin Blue Offers Matching Round Up Program
by Megan Brown on 11/16/2009
This green office supplier is engaging its customers to reduce the impact of shipping orders.
Dolphin Blue, a sixteen-year old online retailer of environmentally conscious office supplies announced its partnership with Renewable Choice to offer the Round... [more]
Juniata Ranks in EPA College & University Challenge
by Megan Brown on 10/27/2009
Juniata is ranked #2 in the Landmark collegiate athletic conference.
The EPA’s Green Power Partnership recognizes governments, businesses, communities, and colleges for their commitment to supporting green power. Through... [more]
Walmart's Drive to Improve Product Sustainability
by Megan Brown on 10/22/2009
Suppliers should be submitting their sustainability index assessment.
Walmart's Sustainability Index, the Sustainability Consortium and its Assessment of suppliers is generating buzz and raising questions. There are many... [more]
Steelcase & Whirlpool Achieve Top Scores from Climate Counts
by Megan Brown on 10/06/2009
These two companies scored the highest in the furniture and appliance categories of the Climate Counts score.
Climate Counts is a non-profit that brings together consumers and companies. It encouragesresponsibility for the climate from corporations and... [more]
Steelcase Inc. Helping Expand Wind Power in the U.S.
by Megan Brown on 09/25/2009
First it made a landmark commitment to wind power, then Steelcase decided to educate and share the results.
In March of 2008, a new milestone was set when Renewable Choice brought together Steelcase and John Deere to develop a new way to finance wind power... [more]
Showing 1 - 12 of 78 Page 1 of 7