Blog Author Archive
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
What is a CDP Disclosure Score?
by Ryan Meeks on 05/10/2012
The Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) is the largest database of self-reported corporate climate change information in the world. The CDP’s mission is to work with companies to create... [more]
The Countdown to Disclosure Begins
by Ryan Meeks on 04/04/2012
The Carbon Disclosure Project is the largest database of self-reported corporate climate change information in the world. Companies and cities around the globe have chosen to report to the CDP helping these organizations minimize risk, improve opportunity, and satisfy investors.
On April 1, the Carbon Disclosure Project's (CDP) Supply Chain program officially opened. The CDP will soon be sending out its annual information request to companies around the world, inviting... [more]
Is Santa Claus Green?
by Ryan Meeks on 12/22/2011
'Tis the season to be jolly. And we're even jollier knowing that Santa is eco-friendly. Happy Holidays from everyone at Renewable Choice.
Since I’ve never met Father Christmas or audited his operations, I can only speculate as to whether or not he is “green”. Fortunately, as an employee at Renewable Choice, I... [more]
This Year's GPP Awards Announced During REM Conference
by Ryan Meeks on 12/08/2011
Renewable Choice recently attended the 2011 REM Conference at which this year's Green Power Partnership Awards were announced.
On November 16th, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy and the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions (CRS), presented the 11th... [more]
The Greening of Supply Chains
by Ryan Meeks on 11/10/2011
Companies who report GHG emissions and reduction activities is on the rise as indicated by a recent CDP report. Importance to supply chains evident.
With over 50% of the average corporation’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions being typically sourced from their supply chain, measuring and managing these emissions has been increasingly... [more]
Global Progress in Combating Climate Change
by Ryan Meeks on 10/25/2011
CDP gathers climate change data from the largest cities in the world and just published their report on those who responded called CDP Cities 2011, Global Report on C40 Cities.
USGBC’s Greenbuild conference ended recently on October 7th (2011). My colleagues here at Renewable Choice attended the event but it’s not the details surrounding the event... [more]
Shark Skin to Take a Bite Out of Climate Change
by Ryan Meeks on 08/04/2011
Happy Shark Week. Read about how technologies inspired by sharks could save millions of tons of fuel each year and improve the efficiency of hydropowered turbines.
It’s that time of a year again. A time that’s as synonymous with summer as barbeques and beaches. Last year, over 30 million people had partaken. This year, that number is... [more]
CDP Outperforms DJSI
by Ryan Meeks on 05/24/2011
Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) and Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) both help businesses with sustainability analysis, but CDP is leading the charge.
The Dow Jones Sustainability Indexes (DJSI) was launched in 1999. Upon launch, the DJSI was the first global indexes tracking the financial performance of the leading... [more]
2011 Carbon Disclosure Project Quality Assurance Initiatives
by Ryan Meeks on 04/29/2011
The CDP Response Check was announced on April 11th, 2011. Read more about how it is designed to enhance the quality of climate change reporting responses globally.
The Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) is the world’s largest climate change reporting system, with over 3,050 companies now reporting their climate risk... [more]
A Few Things You Might Not Know About Earth Day
by Ryan Meeks on 04/22/2011
Earth Day 2011 is today. Read about the history & important milestones surrounding the holiday.
Today, April 22, is the 41st Earth Day. We have evolved our thinking around sustainability and we’ve progressed as a nation but we still have much to... [more]
Showing 1 - 10 of 10 Page 1 of 1