Corporate Environmental Responsibility
At Renewable Choice, we not only work with clients and partners to measure and reduce their environmental impact, but we practice what we teach. Our corporate environmental responsibility commitments and initiatives include:
- Zero Waste – we have full-spectrum office material and cell phone recycling, and composting programs
- Clean Energy – our office and employee home electricity is offset with wind power
- Reduced Travel – we have reduced corporate travel by 50% since 2008
- Alternative Transportation - we provide the RTD Eco Pass to employees for free bus and rail transportation and encourage and support use of alternative transportation
- Bike Friendly Business – in 2011, Renewable Choice was recognized as a Boulder, Colorado Bike Friendly Business for our efforts to make our operation bicycle friendly for employees and customers
- Carbon Reductions – we offset the carbon impact of emissions from all business travel, as well as employee personal vehicle use
- Telework Options – we support telework options for our employees that helps reduce their need to drive to work
- Green Auto Care – we offer matching funds for using a local environmentally-minded car repair and maintenance provider
- Reduced Resource Use - we make an effort to reduce waste whenever possible, including using electronic forms of communication, turning off lights, in-house water filter instead of bottled water, etc.
- 10 for Change Member - We have taken on the 10 for Change Challenge which supports Boulder businesses in reducing their workplace energy consumption by up to 10 percent.
- Environmentally-Preferred Office Products - we purchase recycled and reusable office products whenever possible
- Responsible Vendors - we utilize green-friendly vendors, such as copy services, natural snack vending and more, whenever possible
- B Corporation Certified – we are proud to have met rigorous performance standards and are using the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. Read the Press Release. We are honored to be named a 'Best for the Environment' B Corp 2013. Read the Press Release.