Green Jobs with Renewable Choice
We're here to make a difference. Join us.
The employees of Renewable Choice are on the cutting-edge of today’s environmental solutions. You can see our passion in the way we approach our work, the way we strive to walk our talk as an organization, and in the many ways in which our employees work to reduce their own environmental impacts.
Renewable Choice Energy offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as a fast-paced, friendly work environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
We are always on the lookout for people who share our commitment to excellence. If you think you have what it takes and are looking for the opportunity to join a business you can believe in, we’d love to hear from you!
Watch our Workforce Boulder County video on our blog and follow us on Twitter via @Getgoinggreen.
Environmental Products Procurement Manager[show details]
Job Summary: Renewable Choice Energy is one of the nation’s leading providers of products and services that help organizations understand and reduce their environmental impact. The company is a pioneer in green power with a track record of innovation in defining the environmental commodity marketplace. We seek a dynamic professional to join our team.
This position is responsible for working with project developers/owners, energy brokers, utilities, and environmental commodities traders to source renewable energy credits (RECs), verified emission reductions (VERs, or carbon offsets), and other environmental products to meet the continuously evolving needs of our clients. The position interacts routinely with the Renewable Choice sales team to assess and deliver unique solutions for clients from both domestic and international projects. This position will eventually identify and execute profitable wholesale transactions in various environmental markets. The position reports to the VP of Business Development and works directly with the Director of Environmental Commodities and the VP of Sales.
- Source products from both domestic and international projects to fulfill sales contracts. Identify potential suppliers of RECs and VERs and negotiate trades. Build new, and strengthen existing, relationships.
- Oversee and manage a pipeline of deals and a portfolio of differentiated supply.
- Close transactions in order to meet revenue targets.
- Educate clients and the public about renewable energy and its benefits.
- Work with finance to analyze and evaluate deals and make strategic and tactical decisions.
- Represent the company at various industry conferences, events, and sales meetings to promote the business.
Personal qualities that will make you a success in this role:
- You’re smart
- You’re hungry
- You’re a problem-solver
- You’re good at making connections
- You’re skilled at negotiation & relationship-building
- You want to work for a mission-driven company
- You are committed to sustainability
- 3-5 years professional experience, ideally in sales/business development, procurement, or business.
- College degree in a related field desireable.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships to accomplish organizational objectives.
- Capable of self-motivation, producing high activity and organized follow-up to close transactions.
- Ability to understand and manage risk, and make decisions in the face of urgency and uncertainty.
- Excellent verbal & written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Friendly demeanor capable of initiating and nurturing long-term relationships.
- Knowledge of contracting and negotiating.
- Diligent attention to detail and experience with high-dollar contracts.
- Ability to adapt and respond to a rapidly changing environment.
Environmental commodity/product experience preferred but not required. Competence in energy or commodities trading or sales highly desireable.
Position requires periodic travel and evening/weekend hours commensurate with role.
Summer Marketing Intern (Paid Position) [show details]
Renewable Choice Energy and its subsidiary, Mosaic Sustainability, are leaders in the fields of renewable energy and sustainability.
The marketing intern is tasked with supporting the Renewable Choice/Mosaic Sustainability marketing team in updating and refreshing their brands and market positions, identifying opportunities for thought leadership, and performing research, writing, and graphics work to develop engaging content for blog and social media channels.
- Assist with content audit and clean-up of Renewable Choice website
- Support initiative to refresh existing Mosaic Sustainability website
- Optimize landing pages to remove barriers to conversion; work with Marketing Administrator to optimize sites for SEO
- Make recommendations for improvement
- Identify appropriate social audiences for Renewable Choice & Mosaic
- Craft and execute strategy for engaging audiences
- Track performance analytics and report out; make recommendations for improvement
- Research opportunities to collaborate with like-minded organizations to provide opportunities for guest blogging, guest speaking, shared messaging, etc.
- Develop proposal for top opportunities, complete with guidelines for submission, etc.
- Research appropriate & shareable content for social media, news room, and blogging
- Research topics of relevance and develop bloggable content
- Provide recommendations for engagement and thought leadership
- Support VP of Marketing in development of new content for sales collateral & campaigns
- Help coordinate Planet Bluegrass project & events; attend events as required/requested
- Conduct market research as needed
- Collaborate with marketing team on departmental-wide projects
- Provide fresh ideas for marketing campaigns & approaches
- Additional tasks as identified/assigned
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Are a self-starter who can take initiative and work independently, while also successfully collaborating with others
- Are a strong writer with ability to develop creative, interesting content quickly and well
- Enjoy engaging others and starting conversations on sustainability topics
- Have fluency in modern media platforms, design, or other marketing technology
- Want to learn more, or are already passionate about, sustainability and/or renewable energy and/or mission-driven business/B Corporations
- Student of, or recent graduate in, marketing
- 1-2 years prior office experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects from initiation to completion
- Ability to use technology ranging from Microsoft Office to Google analytics
- Comfort with a fast-paced, high-demand environment
- Smart, fun, friendly, reliable, and mature – serious about your work, but serious about play, too
- Hours per week: 36-40 (May-August); position to be reviewed mid-summer for continuation in the fall
About Renewable Choice
Renewable Choice Energy was founded in 2001 with the mission to bring the benefits of clean and renewable sources of energy to individuals and businesses. Based in Boulder, Colorado, the Company has pioneered corporate green power buying, working with the first major corporations in the country who purchased 100% renewable electricity. As the market has grown, Renewable Choice has continued to innovate with carbon offsets, sustainability consulting, and renewable energy advisory services. Renewable Choice is a trusted partner to numerous major brands, including 60 of the Fortune 500. In 2012, Renewable Choice was recognized by the EPA as the Green Power Supplier of the Year. The Company is a mission-driven business and certified B Corporation. To learn more, visit www.renewablechoice.com. For more information on our wholly-owned sustainability consulting subsidiary, Mosaic Sustainability, visit www.mosaicsustainability.com.
Submit a Job Inquiry
If you would like to be considered for one of our current open positions, please submit your resume and letter of interest here. You can also follow us on Twitter @RenewableHR.