Green Jobs with Renewable Choice
We're here to make a difference. Join us.
The employees of Renewable Choice are on the cutting-edge of today’s environmental solutions. You can see our passion in the way we approach our work, the way we strive to walk our talk as an organization, and in the many ways in which our employees work to reduce their own environmental impacts.
Renewable Choice Energy offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as a fast-paced, friendly work environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
We are always on the lookout for people who share our commitment to excellence. If you think you have what it takes and are looking for the opportunity to join a business you can believe in, we’d love to hear from you!
Watch our Workforce Boulder County video on our blog and follow us on Twitter via @Getgoinggreen.
Renewable Energy Program Manager [show details]
Renewable Choice Energy is a pioneering global supplier of products and services that advance clean energy development and the adoption of carbon reduction technologies, providing customized solutions to corporate, industrial, and institutional buyers. We seek a detail-oriented, responsible Process Manager to join our rapidly expanding PPA division, working on the cutting-edge of the renewable energy market.
This position is responsible for providing daily process and project leadership to the PPA team, supporting and shepherding PPA accounts through various stages of due diligence and providing overall team bandwidth. This multi-pronged role will interface routinely with business development, contract, legal, client, finance, and marketing staff to ensure projects remain organized and on time, and that team members have the tools needed to progress projects forward, with complicated deal structures and tight timelines for deliverables.
Specific job responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage client RFP process including developer communications, timeline management, response review, data collection and management, prioritization, and recommendations
- Oversee developer communication calendar to ensure adequate touch with supplier partners
- Collaborate with finance and business development staff to run financial models for prospective clients and support preparation of client presentations and meetings
- Administer client due diligence schedule, ensuring development of, maintenance of, and adherence to client project plans
- Maintain and organize client files
- Support execution of project plans, track PPA to do list, and provide additional assistance to team as needed
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role:
- You're smart
- You're capable, responsible, and mature
- You're technically proficient
- You're detail-oriented and highly organized
- You thrive on challenges and a fast-pace
- You've got a good sense of humor
- You're a strong written and verbal communicator with good listening skills
- You can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and be flexible/adaptable
- You want to work in renewable energy
- You want to work for a mission-driven company
- 3-5 years professional experience, ideally in business, project management, renewable energy development, or a related field
- College degree in a related field desirable
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Excel
- Capable of self-motivation, consistently providing high quality work product, managing priorities, and working independently
- Diligent attention to detail and experience with high-dollar contracts, financial models, or related
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings and manage projects
This position requires periodic evening and weekend hours, and may include infrequent (<10%) travel.
Director of Renewable Energy Business Development [show details]
Renewable Choice Energy is one of the nation’s leading providers of products and services that help organizations understand and reduce their environmental impact. The company is a pioneer in the green power market and is pursuing opportunities that continue to transform the energy industry. We seek a dynamic renewable energy business development professional to join our team.
This position is responsible for providing multi-stakeholder, consensus-building, relationship management services in our power purchase agreement (PPA) business unit and will work directly with corporate entities and renewable energy developers to shepherd the PPA process from open to close, including initial prospect conversations, stakeholder engagement, due diligence, and project management. Candidates will work with our existing team of market experts to develop compelling solutions for U.S. companies to contract for renewable energy supply. Successful candidates will have a background in enterprise-level sales or business development, be well-networked, and ideally, have prior experience with PPAs.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Identification of potential opportunities, vetting deals, and managing complex transactions with multiple parties and ever-changing deliverables.
- Oversight and management of pipeline of client opportunities with large corporations and project developers.
- Understand and define trends and opportunities in the renewable energy and corporate sustainability industries.
- Educate clients and the public about renewable energy and its benefits; represent the company at industry conference, events, and sales meetings to promote the business.
- Participate in executive-level decisions related to areas of expertise.
- Work with finance to analyze and evaluate deals and make strategic and tactical decisions.
- Demonstrated competence in renewable energy development, understanding project finance and structures.
- Must have demonstrated track record of closing successful deals, with the perseverance to manage long sales cycles and complex and rapid transactions.
- Able to represent the company externally in high-level sales and consulting capacities, working with clients and helping to meet their needs.
- 6+ years in a professional capacity with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably in renewable energy development, sales, or business development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings and manage projects.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting and negotiating.
- Adaptable; able to respond to a rapidly changing environment.
- A personal commitment to environmental sustainability.
This position requires periodic travel (about 25% of the time – sometimes more frequent) to client sites and conferences. It may also require periodic evening and weekend hours commensurate with a senior position. The position is based out of our Boulder, Colorado headquarters.
Apply using the job inquiry form below, or submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Renewable Choice
Renewable Choice Energy was founded in 2001 with the mission to bring the benefits of clean and renewable sources of energy to individuals and businesses. Based in Boulder, Colorado, the Company has pioneered corporate green power buying, working with the first major corporations in the country who purchased 100% renewable electricity. As the market has grown, Renewable Choice has continued to innovate with carbon offsets, sustainability consulting, and renewable energy advisory services. Renewable Choice is a trusted partner to numerous major brands, including 60 of the Fortune 500. In 2012, Renewable Choice was recognized by the EPA as the Green Power Supplier of the Year. The Company is a mission-driven business and certified B Corporation. To learn more, visit www.renewablechoice.com. For more information on our wholly-owned sustainability consulting subsidiary, Mosaic Sustainability, visit www.mosaicsustainability.com.
Submit a Job Inquiry
If you would like to be considered for one of our current open positions, please submit your resume and letter of interest here. You can also follow us on Twitter @RenewableHR.