Green Jobs with Renewable Choice
We're here to make a difference. Join us.
The employees of Renewable Choice are on the cutting-edge of today’s environmental solutions. You can see our passion in the way we approach our work, the way we strive to walk our talk as an organization, and in the many ways in which our employees work to reduce their own environmental impacts.
Renewable Choice Energy offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as a fast-paced, friendly work environment. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome applications from women and underrepresented minorities.
We are always on the lookout for people who share our commitment to excellence. If you think you have what it takes and are looking for the opportunity to join a business you can believe in, we’d love to hear from you!
Watch our Workforce Boulder County video on our blog and follow us on Twitter via @Getgoinggreen.
Renewable Choice is seeking a Senior Director of Business Development to work in its Boulder, Colorado headquarters.
Job Summary: Renewable Choice is one of the nation's leading renewable energy suppliers to U.S. corporations with a track record of innovation in defining the renewable energy marketplace. The company has a new and ground-breaking opportunity to transform the renewable energy industry and needs a high-level renewable energy professional looking to help address today's most pressing energy challenges.
This position is responsible for working with large multi-national corporations to find renewable energy solutions to fit their needs, in particular corporations looking to procure long-term power purchase agreements from renewable energy facilities. This is a senior level position and will work directly with the Vice President of Business Development and the Executive Team.
Sales & Execution
- Identify potential opportunities, vetting deals and managing complex transactions with multiple parties and ever-changing deliverables.
- Ability to close transactions.
- Oversee and manage a pipeline of client opportunities with large corporations.
- Educate clients and the public about renewable energy and its benefits.
- Participate in executive level decisions related to areas of expertise.
- Work with the CFO to analyze and evaluate deals and make strategic and tactical decisions.
- In conjunction with the Executive Team, develop target market and customer strategies.
- Represent the company at various industry conferences, events, and sales meetings to promote the business.
Renewable Energy Development
- Work with the Executive Team to develop new and compelling solutions for U.S. companies to contract for renewable energy supply through structured financial transactions and PPAs with Fortune 500 corporations.
- Understand and define trends and opportunities in the renewable energy and corporate sustainability industries.
- Support development of new carbon mitigation and renewable energy projects.
- Demonstrated high-level competence in renewable energy development, understanding project finance and structures.
- Ability to represent the company externally in high-level sales and consulting capacities, working with clients and helping meet their needs.
- 10 to 20 years in a professional capacity with increasing levels of responsibility, preferably in renewable energy development, sales or business development.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a related field is helpful but not required.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be personally motivated and to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution. Knowledge of contracting and negotiating.
- Ability to adapt and respond to a rapidly changing environment.
- Interest in or personal commitment to environmental sustainability.
- Position requires frequent travel. Employee must be able to get to and from airports, travel comfortably for long distances, and operate a rental vehicle.
- Position is responsible for giving off-site presentations and must be able to carry a laptop, projector, and other collateral on their person while traveling.
- Position may require periodic evening or weekend hours commensurate with a senior position.
Apply via the job inquiry form below or submit a letter of interest & resume to email@example.com.
About Renewable Choice
Renewable Choice Energy was founded in 2001 with the mission to bring the benefits of clean and renewable sources of energy to individuals and businesses. Based in Boulder, Colorado, the Company has pioneered corporate green power buying, working with the first major corporations in the country who purchased 100% renewable electricity. As the market has grown, Renewable Choice has continued to innovate with carbon offsets, sustainability consulting, and renewable energy advisory services. Renewable Choice is a trusted partner to numerous major brands, including 60 of the Fortune 500. In 2012, Renewable Choice was recognized by the EPA as the Green Power Supplier of the Year. The Company is a mission-driven business and certified B Corporation. To learn more, visit www.renewablechoice.com. For more information on our wholly-owned sustainability consulting subsidiary, Mosaic Sustainability, visit www.mosaicsustainability.com.
Submit a Job Inquiry
If you would like to be considered for one of our current open positions, please submit your resume and letter of interest here. You can also follow us on Twitter @RenewableHR.