Industry News Archive
- Green Power Partnership Publishes its Top Partners Lists (11/15/2013)
- New York State to Open Green Bank (10/31/2013)
- The Rising Current of Green Gyms Around the World (07/23/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Deadline Approaches (07/12/2013)
- What is a CO2 Calculator? (07/11/2013)
LEED Green Building
- LEED® v4 to Debut at Greenbuild Conference (08/22/2013)
- What is the LEED® EAC4? (07/18/2013)
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Renewable Energy Finance Tactic Changes the Game (12/04/2013)
- We Are Thankful 2013 (11/18/2013)
- The Little Engines That Could: How Grassroots Stopped Oil & Gas Encroachment in Colorado (11/13/2013)
- Carbon-Neutral Energy Attainable Through Gasification System (11/06/2013)
- EPA Expands Green Power Partnership Program (10/17/2013)
- Climate Change Comes Home (10/21/2013)
- 3 Apps to Help You Use Less Energy in Your Home (10/15/2013)
- How to Ride 4700 Miles on a Bamboo Bike without Flipping on a Light Switch (08/26/2013)
- The Connection between Climate and Waste (08/01/2013)
- Economics of Sustainability White Paper Delivers (07/25/2013)
Geothermal Resources Mapped for Transmission Lines
by Kevin Maddaford on 04/03/2009
Projects map geothermal resources to maximize impact of new transmission development.
The Obama administration is intent on developing new transmission lines in order to improve the integration of renewable energy into the power grid, and California, Nevada and the Western Governors... [more]
BTM Forecasts 340 GW of Wind Energy by 2013
by Holly Hallowell on 03/27/2009
BTM Consult projects 200 GW of new wind power capacity by the end of 2013.
BTM Consult, an independent consultancy company specialized in services regarding renewable energy has released their 14th annual update on the international wind power industry and the predictions... [more]
AWEA Signs Renewable Electricity Standard (RES) Letter
by Heather Philipp on 03/25/2009
American Wind Energy Association joins 220+ supporting national RES
The American Wind Energy Association (AWEA) has announced that it is joining more than 220 signatories to a letter urging U.S. Congress to pass a renewable electricity standard (RES) for the... [more]
Carbon Dioxide May Be Regulated By Clean Air Act
by Kevin Maddaford on 03/27/2009
The EPA is considering classifying carbon dioxide as a pollutant.
In a move that reverses policy from the Bush administration, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has determined that greenhouse gases have negative impacts on human health and... [more]
Quayle Hodek Among Hottest Eco-CEOs
by Heather Philipp on 03/19/2009
Renewable Choice Founder Quayle Hodek one of Treehugger’s 7 Hottest CEOs
Treehugger.com recently named our own Quayle Hodek as one of the hottest eco-CEOs that have paved the way and helped kick-start global change to protect and ensure a sustainable future... [more]
Federal Agencies to Cooperate on Renewable Energy
by Kevin Maddaford on 03/20/2009
Agreement will expedite development of renewable energy projects on federal land and offshore.
The U.S Department of the Interior (DOI) and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) have announced that they will cooperate to help spur development of renewable energy on lands... [more]
Maldives Carbon Neutrality To Fight Climate Change
by Heather Philipp on 03/16/2009
Maldives trying to save itself by becoming first nation to eradicate carbon footprint
The first nation to announce plans to go carbon-neutral is also one who is in the most danger from the effects of climate change. The Republic of Maldives, a group of coral islands to... [more]
Greenhouse Gas Reporting Proposed by EPA
by Kevin Maddaford on 03/16/2009
A national reporting system would aid in regulation of greenhouse gas emissions.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has proposed a comprehensive system for reporting greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions across the United States. This first-of-its-kind system... [more]
Renewables Could Supply 40% of Global Electricity
by Kevin Maddaford on 03/13/2009
By 2050 renewable energy might provide 40% of the world’s electricity supply.
Renewable technologies such as wind turbines, solar photovoltaics and biomass currently produce a small portion of the world's electricity, but with proper political and financial... [more]
Google PowerMeter Displays Electricity Consumption
by Holly Hallowell on 03/11/2009
PowerMeter software integrates into iGoogle platform and shows real-time view of user's electricity consumption.
The prototype for Google PowerMeter, which takes information from a home's smart meter and displays it on a graph, is being tested by Google employees. According to Ed Lu of... [more]
Wind Riding the Rails
by Kevin Maddaford on 03/06/2009
Siemens sent out its first US shipment of wind turbine blades to be transported by train.
Wind turbine components are generally transported from the factory to the project site via trucks, a process rife with logistical challenges. Moving 148-foot-long wind... [more]
Clean Energy Corps Proposed
by Kevin Maddaford on 03/06/2009
The U.S. could create a Clean Energy Corps to promote energy efficiency and “green” jobs.
In an effort to address the environmental impact of home energy use and the job losses resulting from the flagging economy, a coalition of groups has proposed the... [more]
Showing 85 - 96 of 161 Green Lifestyle Articles | Page 8 of 14