Sustainable Business Archive
- Ceres Conference Offers Something for Everyone (05/13/2013)
- A Little Energy to Save a Lot: Why Your Company Should Become Energy Star Certified (04/03/2013)
- Sustainability in Supply Chain Remains Top Priority for Major Brands (03/13/2013)
- Using Technology to Drive Supply Chain Sustainability (03/05/2013)
- Getting On Board with Supply Chain Sustainability (02/20/2013)
LEED Green Building
- 7th annual Los Angeles Business Council (LABC) Sustainability Summit (04/29/2013)
- Greening the Green Building Industry (03/26/2013)
- Earth Rangers Journey to LEED® Platinum (02/21/2013)
- Energy Boost: How RECs Support LEED® Certification and Renewable Energy Development (02/14/2013)
- Making the Most of LEED® (01/31/2013)
- Understanding the Greenhouse Effect (05/23/2013)
- Reducing Carbon Emissions Becomes Mission Critical (05/14/2013)
- CDP Supply Chain Program Reporting Period Now Open (04/11/2013)
- 2013 Climate Leadership Conference (03/01/2013)
- Wind PowerED Climate Education for Colorado Kids (03/14/2013)
- A Letter from the Arctic (05/09/2013)
- Eliminating Toxins from the Air We Breathe (05/07/2013)
- Our Silent Partners in the Fight Against Climate Change (04/26/2013)
- The Power of RECs to Improve Human Health (04/25/2013)
- Our Planet’s Most Precious Resource (04/24/2013)
International Corporate Philanthropy Day is approaching and corporate giving is an important aspect to round out your sustainability initiatives and CSR.
Monday, February 27, 2012 is International Corporate Philanthropy Day. This international advocacy day is led by the Committee Encouraging Corporate Philanthropy and brings together business and... [more]
Are You Ready for EO 13514?
by Amy Haddon on 02/10/2012
Suppliers to government agencies will soon be required to provide GHG emissions data. In this blog, we'll share helpful insights into Executive Order 13514 , how it may affect your business, and link you to additional resources.
On October 5, 2009, President Obama signed Executive Order (EO) 13514, which calls on Federal agencies to make improvements in their environmental, energy, and economic performance by meeting a series... [more]
A Sustainability Leader Emerges
by Amy Haddon on 02/01/2012
Renewable Choice customer, OCTAL, achieves business benefits from proactive carbon footprint disclosure. Read more about it in this blog and by downloading our case study.
In our case study, OCTAL Leads the Way in Environmental Sustainability and Disclosure, we explore the sustainability journey of an unlikely leader (OCTAL Petrochemicals) in an even more unlikely... [more]
Three Simple Steps to Scorecard Compliance
by Amy Haddon on 01/27/2012
In this blog, we'll share with you 3 Simple Steps to Scorecard Compliance, and provide a link to download our new white paper on the subject.
A few weeks ago, we released our white paper on supply chain sustainability scorecards. This paper was the result of significant research into who is using scorecards and why. As we... [more]
We recently announced our certification as a Benefits, or B Corporation, an accomplishment that we here at Renewable Choice are really proud of!
Earning the coveted B Corp certification was intensive, which speaks to the integrity and thoroughness of the process. First and foremost, we had to have a baseline of socially and... [more]
Top Sustainability Trends
by Amy Haddon on 01/20/2012
Valuable corporate sustainability trends are emerging in 2012. Will your business embrace them?
In my last blog, I shared some suggestions for your sustainability goals in 2012. This week, I’d like to share some of the sustainability trends that you may also want to... [more]
This Year's GPP Awards Announced During REM Conference
by Ryan Meeks on 12/08/2011
Renewable Choice recently attended the 2011 REM Conference at which this year's Green Power Partnership Awards were announced.
On November 16th, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), in conjunction with the U.S. Department of Energy and the non-profit Center for Resource Solutions (CRS), presented... [more]
Walking Our Talk @ Renewable Choice
by Amy Haddon on 12/02/2011
Read a blog about the social and environmental practices which Renewable Choice embraces.
At Renewable Choice, we believe strongly in socially and environmentally responsible business practices and, as a result, make every effort to “walk our talk.” ... [more]
3 Reasons Why Corporate Social Responsibility Matters
by Amy Haddon on 11/18/2011
Global citizenship is an important part of being a company. Here are 3 reasons why CSR matters. Part one of a two part series.
I recently returned to the office after the birth of my second child. While I was away, the Occupy Wall Street movement began and I had the luxury of hearing a lot about... [more]
The Greening of Supply Chains
by Ryan Meeks on 11/10/2011
Companies who report GHG emissions and reduction activities is on the rise as indicated by a recent CDP report. Importance to supply chains evident.
With over 50% of the average corporation’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions being typically sourced from their supply chain, measuring and managing these emissions has... [more]
Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) Conference Takeaways
by Aran Rice on 10/25/2011
Retail leaders met in Orlando to discuss environmental sustainability, compliance and how to integrate green practices into their companies.
One of North America’s largest corporate sustainability events, the Retail Industry Leaders Association (RILA) Conference took place in Orlando, Florida this October... [more]
FAQs About Our Enterprise Carbon Accounting Software; Mosaic
by Brian Sloss on 10/17/2011
Read a blog covering FAQs about Mosaic Enterprise Carbon Accounting Software. A simple, scalable and automated way to measure GHG emissions for organizations of any size.
Earlier this year, Renewable Choice Energy launched a new software called MosaicTM, which enables organizations to collect, manage and report on their carbon emissions. It... [more]
Showing 37 - 48 of 169 Green Lifestyle Articles | Page 4 of 15